When we were planning our trip to NZ, several months ago we were advised to avoid Christchurch so only stayed for 1 night between getting the Trans-Alpine and flying home. What a pity... from the little we saw we would liked to have spent more time in Christchurch and at the George.
Check-in was swift and we were upgraded to a junior suite which was a really nice room, spacious, well-equipped and comfortable. George Bear was an instant hit with our travelling bear, Rigi and they are now plotting new adventures together.
We had dinner in Pescatore which was very good. Having eaten very well for 3 weeks the food at Pescatore held its own. Surprisingly for a hotel restaurant the ambiance was good.
Breakfast was disappointing. Whilst the buffet offered most of the things I would expect, choice eg fruits and pastries was more limited than other comparable places I have stayed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George is the essence of supreme comfort. Its 53 spacious rooms are designed with a stylish eye for detail, complete with luxury amenities. With a one-to-one ratio of staff to guests, impeccable service is guaranteed. In 2013, 2012 and 2010 it was recognised as ‘New Zealand’s #1 City Hotel’ in Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards, was New Zealand’s Leading Boutique Hotel’ 2006 – 2010 & 2012 – 2013 in the World Travel Awards. The George offers discerning travellers superb comfort and individual attention in an intimate ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Tablet Hotels, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Otel, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your The George Christchurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Christchurch Hotel Christchurch
- The George Hotel Christchurch
- George Hotel Christchurch