This was the second time we have stayed at this hotel. Since our previous visit two years ago we felt that some of the service offered by the staff was perfunctionary. For example at breakfast if you asked for tea you sometimes got a single cup and sometimes a pot. If you had a single cup nobody came to check if you wanted any more. In addition staff seemed reluctant to clear used dishes from tables. The food was however good. In the evening while we were staying the hotel was catering for a large external tourist group which appeared to impact on guests who either wanted drinks or a meal and had to wait. The rooms and beds are still very good and the hotel still provides a guest laundry which is free to use. Very useful if travelling.
- Also Known As:
- The George Christchurch Hotel Christchurch
- The George Christchurch Hotel
- The George Hotel Christchurch
- George Hotel Christchurch
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George is the essence of supreme comfort. Its 53 spacious rooms are designed with a stylish eye for detail, complete with luxury amenities. With a one-to-one ratio of staff to guests, impeccable service is guaranteed. In 2013, 2012 and 2010 it was recognised as ‘New Zealand’s #1 City Hotel’ in Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards, was New Zealand’s Leading Boutique Hotel’ 2006 – 2010 & 2012 – 2013 in the World Travel Awards. The George offers discerning travellers superb comfort and individual attention in an intimate ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Tablet Hotels, Tingo, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Otel so you can book your The George Christchurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.