The hotel is very smart and tastefully decorated. The hotel is on the outskirts of the earthquake zone and borders Hagley park and is near the botanical gardens and the museum.
We stayed over Christmas and the staff gave us chocolates and a Christmas bear and also made up a hamper for us to take to the beach on Christmas Day.
The downsides were Internet which was better than most other hotels but still limited to 200 MB per day free and the continental breakfast which was the most expensive of any we had and which was the worst by far... Don't bother with it, either go a la carte or go out, the hotel also had no gym on site but did give access to a local gymnasium , good alternative but not at Christmas when they were closed
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The George is the essence of supreme comfort. Its 53 spacious rooms are designed with a stylish eye for detail, complete with luxury amenities. With a one-to-one ratio of staff to guests, impeccable service is guaranteed. In 2013, 2012 and 2010 it was recognised as ‘New Zealand’s #1 City Hotel’ in Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards, was New Zealand’s Leading Boutique Hotel’ 2006 – 2010 & 2012 – 2013 in the World Travel Awards. The George offers discerning travellers superb comfort and individual attention in an intimate ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tablet Hotels, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Otel, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The George Christchurch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Christchurch Hotel Christchurch
- The George Hotel Christchurch
- George Hotel Christchurch