We came to New Zealand for our daughter's wedding and the Diplomat was helpful from the start. We e-mailed them about our needs, we had lots of people arriving at diifferent stages, and we intended to spend a couple of periods away from Christchurch. They advised us on how to to get the best value in terms of room rates and occupancy. Everyone was friendly and helpful, and any request was met with a "can-do" by Linda and Paul, the owners. Our family are grown up but we felt that it was a welcoming place for children. It is located in a very nice area outside the city centre, with shops, restaurants, bars and supermarket close by and a good bus service. If you're not too unfit, you can walk into town!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Diplomat Motel consists of 4 x 56m2 x 2 bedroom family units and 12 x 32m2 large studios. Each unit is fully self contained with full oven,microwave,pots,pans,cutlery,crockery,toaster,tea,coffee etc. There is a shower and vanity in the bathroom and separate W.C. In the main studio room there is a 2 seater couch,queen/king bed and a single bed. There are tables and chairs and a writing desk with phone and free wireless internet. These units have all been refurbished in Jan/Feb 2013.There is a free swimming pool,spa pool and childrens playground.Just 5 minutes walk to Merivale Mall which has many restaurants,cafes,boutiques and a supermarket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Diplomat Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Christchurch
- Christchurch Best Western