I had 3 hours to kill before I caught a plane and decided to go to the Antarctic centre.
It was fantastic.
The interactive exhibits, ice room, 4d and hog thingy ride were unreal.
I really recommend paying the extra $5 for Sir Edmunds commentary. Was a real buzz to have such a famous person giving such a thorough commentary.
5 things to bear in mind.
1. If you want to see the penguins being fed, get there on opening. It can take a while to get through the queue. I got there at 1030 and missed most of the feeding.
2. The hog thingys (cant remember there name) are cool but the best view is the front passenger seat. Get at the front of the queue, take a video camera (still photos don't really do it justice) and hold on tight. Its really bumpy.
3. I allowed 3 hours. It wasn't enough. I reckon a minimum of 4 hours to do everything.
4. Upgrade to the everything ticket. The extras are definitely worth the money.
5. Go with someone. there are heaps of places for cool ME photos, so its handy to have someone to take the photos.
If you own or manage International Antarctic Centre, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.