“Flavours are superb” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 87 Restaurants in Blenheim
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We have a number of unique dishes that not only celebrate the best of Indian dining but also can help you take care of your health! Our team at Maharaja India pay great attention to quality. Also cream on the menu is the REALLY thing, for example-free from powdered additives. Our Chefs are proud to be carefully trained in the art of preparing traditional Indianian cuisine with the at most respect for your health and well being.Bless you,Maharoger.
Oamaru, New Zealand
“Flavours are superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Many Indian restaurants that I have used in the past fall short on flavour. I have eaten all over the world and I rate this small family ran restaurant one of the best. The texture and the unique flavours from the herbs and spices are so well crafted and make for the most delightful meal. The standard of food and the quality of the experience at such a low cost is only to be appreciated.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Napa, CA
“Best Indian food in Blenheim”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I don't often eat at Indian restaurants so I can't speak to authenticity, but the food is very flavorful and delicious. The food is more spicy than the other place in town and the service friendly and fast. This was my "go to" restaurant for a healthy, tasty meal at a good price. Craving the Saag Paneer with Chili Cheese Naan right now as I write this!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Blenheim
“A visit to the Maharaja India, in Blenheim”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

By world standards, Blenheim is a small town, but fortunately we don’t lack good restaurant and the “Maharaja India” is once such restaurant.

We hadn’t been to the restaurant for a while, when we noticed the restaurant was offering a “Grab a Deal” so we took the restaurant up on these super deals for two people. We wasn’t disappointed, in fact, as we sat at the table we immediately noticed that decorations had changed, it looked light and airy. The waiter was extremely friendly and helped us out by answering a barrage of question on the new menus that were available.

My wife and I didn’t have to wait long before we were served with mouth watering food. I prefer my curry slightly on the hotter side, while my wife prefers a milder curry, well we were both pleased, we both thoroughly enjoyed the dinner with a glass or two of our favourite wine, which incidentally, you can bring your own wine or “Maharaja India” keeps a good stock of both wine and beer.

All in all, to say we hadn’t been for a while, we soon realised what we have been missing, the restaurant has changed a lot and all for the better.

As far as I’m concerned, we are very fortunate to have such a class restaurant in Blenheim and would highly recommend it if your passing through, and if your local and you haven’t been for a while, your missing out on a super meal.

• Visited March 2013
Blenheim, Marlborough, New Zealand
“"Nothing could be better than dinning at Maharaja India"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Great food, beautiful atmosphere and friendly staff..!! Best traditional Indian cuisine in town.
I always go there and i love the food at Maharaja India....!!!

Recommended to all, should try it..
Cheers...!

“Best Indian In Town !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have eaten in lots of Indian Resturants and this is by far the Best !! from the minute you walk through the door Roger and his fantastic and fun team look after you and serve the most delicious food, we have now bought his prepared spices he sells and are able to make Rogers beautiful food at home although nothing can beat the real thing in the resturant ..Theres no beating this place on food, value and atmosphere !!!!