“Excellent Cafe in Blenheim ...” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 82 Restaurants in Blenheim
Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Big city cafe in a "little" town. Great Underground coffee, fantastic local craft beers-Moa and Rennaissance. Lovely local wines-Brancott Estate, Auntsfield and St Clair. Delicious cabinet food or awesome meals off the menu. Upstairs for relaxed dining or enjoy the famous Marlborough sun outside.
Napier, New Zealand
“Excellent Cafe in Blenheim ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

Feel I need to email you regarding this Cafe.
My husband and I were passing through Blenheim mid July..
We made a breakfast stop wondering what your coffee and food would be like as you do stepping into a Cafe you've never been to before..
Well Awesome wasn't the word for your TASTY DELICIOUS food and fabulous staff..
It was a magical experience, as soon as we stepped in the door, we were greeting with a cherrie Hello..
Matthew noticed me admiring your muffin cabinet, he said open the door and smell the aromas of our tasty muffins, they are fresh and delicious ..
As it was early morning my husband and I decided to have a cooked breakfast, this proved to be a great choice as it was very moresome..
I'd mentioned to Vicki Giles that it was my birthday as I was ordering our meals, so I was bought to nearly tears when out all the staff came with a delicious muffin with a candle singing happy birthday to me..
What a surprising touch to do that for a customer...
Honestly your Cafe Staff combined with food and coffee make it such a unique atmosphere ..
We have done extensive travelling around the world, and never have we been greeting with such enthusiasm as we did at the Watery Mouth Cafe..
Not to forget the toilets too, hand moisturiser was a nice touch..
My list could go on..Art, View, Bar..
Thank you for making my Birthday breakfast an unforgettable one...

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PaddingtonPartington, Owner at Watery Mouth Cafe, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear Vanessa, It always means a lot to the team here to know that they’ve done a good job! Thanks for taking the time to share your lovely compliments with us. We’re so delighted we could make your birthday a special one.

Nelson, Nelson, New Zealand
“Friendly staff, great food choices.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Although only there for a coffee, we were made to feel so welcome. We were sharing a muffin and had it cut for us and given a plate each- a first for us!!!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glad you enjoyed your experience at the Watery Mouth Cafe. Hope to see you again next time you’re in Marlborough!
Nelson, New Zealand
“Nice place to chill and work”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Needed a place to work for a few hours on my laptop. Upstairs was perfect and the service superb. Thank you to the charming young man who made me feel so welcome! Lovely staff and good food. Great wifi.

We’re really glad you stopped in. You’re more than welcome to make this your “coffice” (café/office) whenever you’re in town
Blenheim
“Local favourite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Watery mouth is one of my absolute favourites! Free wifi which is great for work, amazing coffee and friendly staff. I have a weakness for the stuffed potatoes and the vege tortilla stack! Food could be a bit warmer but is always delicious and served with a smile. Must visit in Blenheim

Dear ‘FoodieQueen’, we’re very honoured to be described as one of your “absolute favourites”! Thanks for making time to write such a kind review – much appreciated.

Sorry to hear the food could have been a bit warmer. We’re always striving to be better, so we’ll make this a focus at our next team meeting. Let us know how we do next time?
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

First time we have stayed in Blenheim and had an early breakfast before hitting the road. Really cool cafe and the food and service were exceptional.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear SteveJC, Great to hear you enjoyed your early breakfast here at Watery Mouth. The team were absolutely chuffed to hear you found the service “exceptional”. Hope to see you again next time you’re in town. Thanks!