“Friendly Family Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel Marlborough

Save Saved
You added Quality Hotel Marlborough to your Saves list
Quality Hotel Marlborough
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 Nelson St, Blenheim 7301, New Zealand (Formerly Copthorne Hotel Marlborough)   |
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Blenheim
Adelaide, Australia
“Friendly Family Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We did not take too long to meet all the family - Mum and Dad; Son and Daughter-in-Law; Grand-children and the dog. Just a friendly family run, small hotel (only 29 rooms) just on the edge of Blenheim in Marlborough.

Breakfast was simple but adequate, Dinner was more extensive, and large serves. bar service was very good.

Overall, the service was magnificent.

Room Tip: All rooms appeared to be good.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Nelson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Again I have returned to this Hotel. It is not my first visit. This time I met friends from Christchurch in Blenheim and I chose to stay at the Quality Hotel Marlborough as I am very comfortable here and know I will be very well catered for.
The Marlborough Wine and Food Festival was the reason for my trip to Blenheim as well as having quality time with old friends.
The Hotel was as usual busy with many guests but this did not alter the attention given by the staff.
My room was as usual impeccable, clean, and so comfy. Being a woman on my own the other consideration when staying away from home is feeling safe and secure. This I certainly do feel when I stay at this Hotel.
The weather over this weekend was very hot but the Hotel itself is kept at a lovely temperature plus they have a gorgeous pool.
I did not try the restaurant but did glance at the menu in the Compendium. If I had not have had meals arranged with friends elsewhere I would certainly have tried the food as it read and sounded very good.
Thank you to all here and I look forward to staying with you again if the oppurtunity presents for me to visit Blenheim in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Falmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

While uninspiring this place does have certain charms, a nice pool area and bar among them. Our room was very dark looking out onto an overgrown inner courtyard which made for a depressing feel. Bathrooms were good. Breakfasts were good-ish and served by a delightful lady but the dinner we had was pretty poor - dreadful, cold onion soup and a shrimp cocktail which used the nastiest type of frozen prawns. Even the waitress was embarrassed as we had asked if the prawns were fresh and she had checked with the kitchen before we ordered. The steak main course was not as described on the menu. Wouldn't go back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
keepawake, Owner at Quality Hotel Marlborough, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.Im sorry that the courtyard garden had not been trimmed before your stay,our gardner had it on his list to do before he broke his leg but we are pleased to say it was done last week and now looks fabulous.
I am very sorry you did not enjoy your meal in the restaurant,in fact we are so confident of our standards that we offer a full refund if not completey happy.We have changed our menu recently so we can concentrate on a menu featuring fresh local produce.I would be gratefull if you could contact me so we can show you that we truly believe in customer service.
Picton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My partner and I had an awesome stay at this hotel during December.
The staff were very friendly and helpful, offering us information on what is available to do in the area, as it was our first time visiting Marlborough.
The food in their Restuarant is top Quality.
The rooms were very clean...my partner always checks for this anywhere we stay.
We would definetily stay here again and will recommend this hotel to our friends and family.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dunedin, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My wife booked this hotel over the phone,We got a very pleasant greeting as soon as we walked in,seemed like the staff really enjoy their job.We booked a std room but we got a comp upgrade to a superior,neat.The room was very clean (my wife looks for this)and had a massive bed.The staff here are helpfull and the manager even kindly gave me a lift to the airport to pick up our rental car.This is the first review I have writen on tripadvisor but felt I needed too so I can tell people how great our stay was.we didnt eat breakfast here so dont know much about that,but can recommend theopen chicken burger which we both had at the bar while talking to the bar manager.

Room Tip: go for the superior rooms they are larger
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We were greeted by friendly staff, who seemed genuinely happy to have us stay at the hotel. Front desk staffer offered to help us figure out the best way to get to a not-so-close restaurant, which was much appreciated. Rooms are clean and have all the amenities one might need. Bathroom enormous! Location within a few minutes walk to town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for one night, and used their function room facilities.

We had a very friendly welcome, and comfortable large rooms. Bathroom was probably twice the size of my bathroom at home! Restaurant food was very tasty, and despite our rather late arrival, the restaurant staff didn't try to rush us through our meal (which happens really often, obviously these guys are well trained).

The function room was large and cool, which was a must for a December day in Blenheim. Everything worked well as it should.

Would not hesitate to stay here again, it seems like a really friendly and well run family operation. Should I need function rooms in Blenheim again, similarly, I would be happy to return.

They also have a very cute wee dog, Lilly, who makes the place her own!

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Quality Hotel Marlborough? Share your experiences!