“My favourite hotel to stay in” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   223 Cuba Street, Wellington 6141, New Zealand   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Wellington
Christchurch, New Zealand
“My favourite hotel to stay in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I come to Wellington on a regular basis and the first time I was put up in the hotel, I fell in love with the place - the service is great, the food is great, the spa and pool is fabulous and th room is so comfortable and spacious. I loved it so much that I request that I be put up in the hotel every time I am in Wellington. The staff have also learned NZSL and have used it to communicate with me, as I am Deaf. I always look forward to the next time I stay there and it is so convenient to three of my favourite cafes!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Good morning Kellye,
Gracious greetings from Wellington! Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking time to write us this wonderful review! We are pleased to learn that you've enjoyed your stay with us and that you find your favourite Wellington hotel!
We look forward to welcoming you again in a very near future! Please contact us directly and we will take care of your reservation personally.
Olivier LACOUA
CQ Hotels Wellington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Hamilton, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I have been staying in hotels in Wellington for years, but only recently came across this one. Wish I'd discovered it a long time ago. Very friendly staff, great room, was quiet the night I stayed. I loved the spa, I loved the location. This location is so much better than hotels on The Terrace where I normally stay. It's a funky place and I just love being just a few steps from Cuba Street. I recommend it. I'll be back.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Kay W,
We look forward to another opportunity to welcoming you again in a very near future at CQ Hotels Wellington
Olivier Lacoua
Taranaki
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Awesome location, and service extremly good best hotel lve stayed at in wellington. Rooms beautiful, spacious and very clean. Easy to find if you are travelling from south. Excellent restaurant food lovely top notch service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear RoscoTaranaki,
Thank you for taking valuable time to give us your feedback. We are pleased to learn that you've had an enjoyable time with us and that you found the location and facilities to your liking. We look forward to another opportunity to be of service to you in the near future!
Olivier Lacoua
Christchurch
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Really good. Large spacious room. Decent sized TV. Good beds. Very good sized work bench/desk set-up with lots of plugs to charge lap-tops, Phones etc; which was great as I took a bit of work with me to complete at night. The pool was a great temperature. Breakfast was good. Service was fine. An all-round thumbs up. A bit dearer than some, not as dear as others - but worth the extra in my opinion.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Anthony
Good to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our 4 star plus hotel is a great option for business travellers like you who like spacious space and desk to work. I am glad to read that you find our hotel facilities of a very good value, thank you. Our team will be pleased to hear your positive feedback – they work very hard to provide quality food and service to our guests. Thank you again for your comments, and we shall hope to see you back again in a near future.
Blackburn, Victoria, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The apartments were in a great location, we had a room that faced inland not out to the bay. The steps were a pain heading up and down stairs, bit overall comfortable. The main issue was when we went to have a shower in the morning there was no shower head so we got drowned having a shower. I would have thought house cleaning would have picked this up. We notified reception as we checked out in the morning, and they apologised, but there was no follow up.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
QHW, General Manager at Quality Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Good morning Jane G,
Thank you for your review. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as the apartment facilities. I have also taken careful note of your comment in regards to the missing shower head and I asked the team to be more vigilant when replacing such items in the bathroom. We strive to ensure that all rooms and bathrooms are checked prior to our guest’s arrival as a quality control measure and in this instance it seems not to have been the case; please accept my sincerest apologies.
I am very glad to read that you find your stay comfortable overall and I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to CQ Hotels Wellington again in the future.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel is in a very convenient location, close to buses and Oxford Street which has lots of restaurants. The area is a little shady at night so if you are a female travelling alone just be cautious. I stayed for four nights and on my second night I went to the front desk to ask a question. The wonderful woman at the desk asked how my stay was and I said it was good but the room felt a bit depressing since I looked onto the "courtyard" aka surrounded by tall buildings and concrete so I had no sunlight whatsoever. She offered to move me to another room without me even asking! My next room had a lot more sunlight and a great view. The rooms still felt a bit cold though as the walls are all concrete and the overhead lighting is harsh. The temperature was cold too even with the AC off! The bed was comfy but the showers in both of my rooms need an overhaul. I would recommend this hotel because of its good value but it's not perfect!

Room Tip: Avoid the courtyard rooms. I stayed in room 111 and it was so dark even when it was a bright and sun...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Good morning Laura,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular, the service provided by the Front Office team. I am sure that your reference about the restaurants means in fact about Cuba Street, which has a lots of bars, cafes and restaurant indeed. I look forward to welcoming you back to CQ Hotels Wellington again in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great location - Cuba Street is excellent for eating out, although restaurants get very busy on Fridays and Saturdays, and the hotel is close to the waterfront, Te Papa, etc. The grandchildren thought the pool the best feature! Rooms include a fully-equipped kitchen area, although the nearest supermarket is a drive away. 30 minutes free wi-fi per night with a code from reception.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms overlook the reception area.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Good morning Deejay16,
Thank you so much for your fantastic comment; I am glad to read that you and your grandchildren enjoyed your stay and the hotel facilities, especially with the pool!
I look forward to welcoming you again in a very near future
Olivier

Been to Quality Hotel Wellington? Share your experiences!