“Great food with amazing service. ” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 631 Restaurants in Wellington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Bar, Mediterranean, Spanish, Tapas
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Napier, New Zealand
“Great food with amazing service. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Went for diner for my sons birthday as this place had been recommended. All if the staff were so friendly and welcoming. Our waiter Gareth would have been one of the best I have encountered anywhere in the World. Professional, knowledgable and very friendly. Nothing was a problem. The food was sensational. We all enjoyed our evening very much. Thanks team. We will be back.

Lower Hutt, New Zealand
“Amazing food, average service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I booked a table for 6 here for a pre theatre dinner after having always had great experiences here in previous vistis (though last one was 18 months ago), despite hearing others recent feedback that the service had gone downhill. The food was amazing, really couldnt fault it and their Prix Fixe menu ($45 for three courses) is very good value for the high end quality of food.

However I'm sad to say the service matched the recent feedback I'd heard. My online booking was followed up with a phone call with great customer service (checking whether we needed to leave at a certain time and recording that against our booking etc). It went downhill when we actually arrived on the night. We went upstairs to the restaurant, to be told our table was downstairs (in the bar, wouldnt have been big enough for 6 to dine at), waiting 15 mins for a drinks order to be taken and then finding out our table was in fact upstairs. Once upstairs again our drinks order was slow to be taken, the waitress who took our food order half listened to half the tables order before realising she should probably write it down, having to go and find a notepad and then having to start again. On the phone we'd been told we could have some of our table dine from the Prix Fixe menu and some on the normal menu, this was apparently wrong as we werent allowed to do this. A glass of wine ordered before our mains didnt arrive and had to be followed up. None of this was a huge drama and would have gone unnoticed if we were having a meal at a pub, but for this level of restaurant it was completely at odds with the quality of the surroundings and the food.

If I could rate this 3.5 I would, 3 feels harsh given the amazing food but the service really was not up to the standard of this restaurant

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wellington, New Zealand
“Disorganized stuff and horrible pizza!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I would not advise someone to go to this restaurant. I am surprised is considered one of the best restaurant is Wellington. The first time I went there three waiter/waitress pop up to take our order. The result was that they mixed up the order and I received the starter and the venison at the same time! Plus we did not receive the bottle of wine ordered because they forgot.
The second time I went there to redeem a coupon bought by Groupon. Honestly I can say that at the Zibibbo I ate the worse pizza I have never ate in mi life! Hope this review can help the Zibibbo to improve it.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“nice food and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

it's a Saturday night and we orderded a tapa plate to share, one pizza and one roast chicken dish. plus a side salad. food was delicious and more than enough for 2. too much to have desserts, which is a shame.

Wellington, New Zealand
“Amazing tapas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had a groupon voucher so we had a set of tapas and pizza that were part of the deal. Absolutely loved the tapas, lots of flavour, fresh, tasty, we were really impressed. Pizza was wood fried, very lovely as well. Staff were friendly and attentive. Nice ambience. Nice and warm next to fire place, perfect way to spend your evening!

• Visited May 2014