“Amazing food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Brisbane, Australia
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My brother and sister and I were on holiday in Wellington looking for a good place to have dinner . We had an amazing meal at "Istana Malaysia". I was't sure what to order but the staff were so helpful in explaining the menu that I could't wait for my meal to come. It was presented beautifully and the flavours were exactly what I wanted. We had the best time here. Go and try it for yourself they won't disappoint. We'll be back again. Thanks guys!

• Visited August 2013

Canberra, Australia
“This is the best restaurant in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The food were perfect and so tastefully decorated. Everything from the entree, mains and desserts. We love their beef rendang the best and the kids had a choice of non spicy food. A win for mom and dad and kids. The hostess was most hospitable. Love it and we always travel to Wellington so we can dine at Istana Malaysia whenever we visit New Zealand. This is a five star quality restaurant and the price is very reasonable.

• Visited August 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
“Wonderful food, good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We love the food and it is at a reasonable price, affordable. There is a good variety to choose from. Drinks are also reasonably priced. We have been a number of times, all have been enjoyable.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Henderson, Tennessee, United States
“Do not be Shocked if this Becomes One of Your Favorite Restaurants!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had never tried Malaysian food before, and that was a mistake I am glad is now corrected. The food here is excellent. The roti bread and the honey butter chicken are now two of my favorite foods. I recommend this highly for large or small groups. The owner will check on you throughout the meal and is extremely kind. He and his staff are very professional and you will walk away impressed with the overall meal. This is an restaurant everyone needs to try because it will make you want to come back many more times.

• Visited May 2013
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
“One of the best, if not 'the' best Malaysian restaurants in Wellington”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Consistently great food, superb service and a spacious and welcoming restaurant.

The food is exceptional, and their roti's amongst the best I've tried - and the chicken murtabak - well, it should win awards.....

Kid friendly, and you are allowed time to relax - no pressure to finish and get out....

It's a regular!