“Excellent food, friendly service. and cider ;-)” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Wellington, New Zealand
“Excellent food, friendly service. and cider ;-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Been a few times, never a dud. The gallettes (savoury pancakes) are outstanding, but nothing I've tried has disappointed. And Breton cider served in coffee cups is an engaging quirk.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New Zealand
“An enjoyable lunch experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

After spotting a review of this cafe in the local Wellington paper, we decided to try it out for lunch. I had the soup special, which was a roast root vegetable bisque served with small slices of sourdough bread. It was very flavourful and served hot, which was perfect for combating the cold weather outside.

We were lucky enough to get the last available table and some patrons were turned away after us because there wasn't room for them, so I suggest either dining outside of the usual lunch hours or allowing time to leave and come back if they're full. The staff were very friendly and the food was served promptly.

I enquired about les religieuse (nun-shaped profiterole pastries) but they weren't on the menu that day so I'll return another day to try them. There are also a variety of crepes and other menu options which I look forward to trying, washed down with the best French drink - Orangina!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent breakfast spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

This one of my first choices for breakfast in the CBD. Great food and coffee but the traditional French choices are best. Not to be missed.

Visited June 2014
Alhambra, California, United States
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I had an omellete, and it was pretty good. A bit dry for my taste, and I had to pay extra for tomato, but good. She had a croque madame and it was excellent. However, both of our entrees came with salads that were weedy and pitiful with only a bland dressing. I would have rated my whole meal higher if it hadn't been on the plate. It was really terrible and neither of us had more than one bite.

Both also came with a couple slices of baguette, but they were small and chewy and not good either. Which is odd for a French place.

Wellington, New Zealand
“An enjoyable breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Went here for breakfast during the week, quite a small place so seating was limited however the service was great and the food was lovely. My friend and I both had the kiwi breakfast and were impressed with the portion size. Would definately go back.

• Visited February 2014