“Consistently good” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
NZ
“Consistently good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I have been to this restaurant five or six times and have found the meals and service to be consistently good. I like the fact that I can order a smaller meal from the blackboard.
I have always gone on a week night and it is not too busy. I do hear that Friday to Sunday is busier.
This restaurant is well worth a visit especially if you live in Upper Hutt. They now have a Loyalty Card which I will be using.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Wellington, New Zealand
“Early Meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Went in early was given a table and had a drink first as they were not quite open for meals yet,
the meals are a good size and were cook well. The staff were great and helpful.
in was a nice evening.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Nice meals, friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We tried here for the first time, and nearly didn't go in because of it does not have great street appeal - It used to be the RSA, and the lobby smells of cigarette smoke. Once inside however, it is airy and spacious, with a nice wood burner couches to relax on, and a good atmosphere. Despite it being a Friday night, it was not crowded. Steaks are the mainstay of the menu, and they have an extensive specials board. I ordered the 'reef and beef' - a 250 gram porthouse steak, scallops, and prawns, my wife ordered the 'Boston Blues' which was a 250 gram eye fillet wrapped in bacon and mushrooms. Both meals were large portions and nicely prepared, and flavoursome. The only negative was in the steak cooking - I asked for med/rare and my wife for medium, and each of ours were cooked the other way around. Not a biggy, but would have been if we had preferred opposite ends of the raw to burnt spectrum!
The staff were attentive and friendly, and I felt it was a family restaurant being run by a family.
Bottom line, we enjoyed our meals, and we will return.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Martinborough, New Zealand
“Great family restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We have stopped here 3 times now to have dinner on our way back to the Wairarapa. Each time we were not disapointed, there is a huge variety of meals, which are also huge in size! Very friendly staff, great childrens meal also. We used our Entertainment Book voucher so got a main for free which was a bonus. Will definitely be back!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wellington, New Zealand
“"Great addition to local scene...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Went here on a recommendation of my brother-in-law as he knew the owners. Great night out with excellent menu options. Beware of the size of the meal sizes, they are large! I decided having seen the size of them just to opt for a main meal and then decide on dessert later, this proved a good idea as that was all I had or needed! I left very full. My wife and others had an entree plus a main but they all had to get doggie bags to take home for later enjoyment! No one made it to dessert. Well worth going too, and will recommend to others as well. Great night out.

• Visited March 2013