“Great assest to Wellington Cafe Culture” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #55 of 652 Restaurants in Wellington
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: The Flight Coffee Hangar is a cafe and cocktail bar that showcases what we as Flight Coffee are all about. The coffee menu is extensive: a multitude of specialty coffees that have been sourced by the Flight Coffee crew themselves, often with input at the farm and processing levels. The green coffee is then imported and roasted by the same crew. It's then passed on to us, at The Hangar and put though its paces by award winning Baristas and Brew masters. From an open kitchen comes an array of brunch, lunch and everything in between dishes including a section of Roger's favourites. We only use free-range eggs and meat. All produce is sourced locally, seasonally and organically when possible. As the sun sets, Wednesday though to Saturday the cafe changes into a cocktail bar right before your eyes! Expertly prepared one-of-a-kind cocktails that will blow your mind as well as an evening food menu to match. Delights such as Seafood Chowder, Popcorn Chicken, many different cheese boards and our famous Ice Cream Sammy are our current menu super stars. The lovely David Burton of the Dominion Post gave us an unprecedented 95% review on the 1/3/14 Food: 4/5 Service: 5/5 Ambience: 5/5 Coffee: 5/5 See you soon, Chur!
Upper Hutt, New Zealand
“Great assest to Wellington Cafe Culture”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I am not really a coffee drinker, so I don't go for the coffee! My Daughter and I go whenever we can as we love the atmosphere, the music and the way the staff make you feel like you are their only customer for the night and you are all that counts. I will always support a business that makes me feel welcome and gives me a sense of belonging. And my daughter loves the coffee! All the staff are smiling, they want to be there and it shows. Breakfast was yummy too.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Milan, Italy
“Great Mochaccino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I really liked this cafè! They make a very good coffee and you can choose from a range of different types. The mochaccino is absolutely great. I will return soon!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Zealand
“Good Coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We went out of our way to visit this place for a cup of coffee. The place was busy as but we managed to grab a seat. Gooood coffee and quirky atmosphere. Well worth the walk for a coffee recharge.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Zealand
“World class venue.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I love coffee so naturally "The Hangar" was a must visit!

Nothing short of amazing. Superbly roasted single origin or blended coffee, the first available as brewed coffee, or both through the slayer espresso machine - sexy stuff.. The staff (pun intended) are educated and passionate. The real deal.

Haven't tried the night-time version (Cocktail bar) under the same name also at the same location but if the word on the street is to be believed, its quickly becoming a welcome new addition to the Wellington bar scene.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great Coffee Always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Always busy, but worth fighting to get a table. The coffee is delicious and I love sitting in with the smell of the roastery filling the air. Personal Favourite.

Visited July 2013