“Tasty broth but boring noodle soup” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #507 of 630 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Malaysian
Canberra
“Tasty broth but boring noodle soup”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I ordered beef noodle soup which literally consist of beef, bit of bean sprout and noodle. no green bit at all. I would assumed regular soup will come with bokchoy or something. I would give it one star but the broth was pretty tasty. The beef was bit chewy and the noodle was just egg noodle. For the price I was expecting more than that. One is enough. There are plenty other place to dine for the same price and better quality.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Wellington
“Bad service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We ordered Tom yum soup .It looked good but
on tasting it was so unbelievable hot uneatable.we asked them to take it away as we could not eat it.they brought it back in 'take-away' containers.
We said we could not eat it & asked for menu to order something else.
We had chicken noodle soup that was fine.
But when we were leaving they wanted us to pay in full for both lots of soup! .
I was quite shocked. Finally paying for 3soups when we only had two
Will not recommend

Visited February 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
“Lack of service, food mediocre”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Firstly let me state I purchased two vouchers on Treat Me for this establishment hence giving it a go.

I walked into a very empty environment, no one in the restaurant except the waiter slouched at a table and I was not greeted, I went to a table to sit and while wanting to put my stuff down showed the man a voucher, he went to the till so I followed him and he took the voucher at the till and scanned it and looked at me, I asked if I could eat here as I did not want take away, he rudely said to me "what do you want? ". I was taken back at this rudeness. I said I don't know yet as i had not been given a menu to decide, he replied "so you don't know what you want? ". I shook my head and said no, anyway he gave me a menu, I went and sat down looked through and decided what I wanted, he did not come to see what I wanted to order and I waited, so eventually I got up again and went to the till, I placed my order for the Thai Style Chicken and politely asked if I could choose the spiciness. He blurted out NO! I just looked at him, he went to get a can of coke as that was part of the deal for the voucher, I again politely asked if I may instead have coke zero instead of coke as the voucher stated, he blurted back "NO ONLY COKE!!!". Fair enough the voucher said Coke so I will take coke, but you would thiink they would allow for a non sugar substitute but the way it was handled is what annoyed me. A simple, sorry we are unable to do that would have been fine.

Anyway I took my coke and sat down, I was not offered a glass or straw absolutely nothing, I cleaned the top of the can and opened it and had a sip, my food arrived after awhile as the pics shows it looked basic, some crumbed chicken strips covered in cucumber salsa, sweet chili sauce ( I am sure it was bought in not home made as they suggest ) I am a chef and it has that taste, also I might be mistaken and I am am wrong I apologize BUT I am sure the chicken breast strips covered in crumbs was processed, it had that dull fake texture about it. The meal itself was mediocre, I added some more of the chili sauce on the table as I like spice hence asking about spiciness but was more concerned if people did not want it hot would he also blurt out NO... As you can see by my pictures, the chili condiment was empty on my table, I am sure the staff was not rushed off their feet with work and surely these things should not be overlooked, specially for a place with me as their only patron and knowing people would be coming to try them with the deal and vouchers. None the less I went to a nearby table and got another chili condiment bottle. The waiter did not not even batter an eyelid at me to ask if I enjoyed my food, if everything was ok NOTHING. He stood in the corner near the kitchen behind by the till with his face glued to his cell phone. I felt unwelcome, there was absolutely no atmosphere, the food was mediocre and the service was shocking so all in all for the $9-90 I paid for the voucher with a 53% saving I highly doubt I would go there again and pay $21-90 for that experience.

Well I can see now why this business is needing to have vouchers to increase business as I was the only patron and it was just after lunch time 2-30pm but you would think they would be even more on top of it.. I suggest they sort their front of house staff out if you wanting to gain business, the only reason I did not leave is because I had already paid for my TW0 vouchers. So I still have another wonderful friendly waitron experience to deal with next time.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wellington, New Zealand
“Pad Thai, Don't think so”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Having been before many years ago and having a desire for pad Thai before a movie decided on Kumar.
If you want authentic Pad Thai it's not here. Both the seafood and chicken were bland and lacked the sweet sour pungent flavours of the real thing. No spice and no fresh chili accompaniment available just an awful liquid chili sauce on the table.
Chicken wings, cooked to order were tasteless and greasy.
Service is non existent. You order at the counter and after they bring the food the wait staff slink off to the corner till you go.
This will be off my list till it changes hands. Hopefully soon.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Wellington, New Zealand
“Pad thai chicken - yum yum yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I've been coming here for the chicken pad thai since I was a student 10 years ago. Back then the pad thai was about $6 or $7 and it's $12 or $13 now, still excellent value and still as delicious as ever. Addictive even. My husband has eaten the sweet and sour chicken satay, and pronounced it very good, as well as the pork dumplings. Those were also good. The service is smiley but nothing special. Definitely the pick of places to eat in the Reading Cinemas complex.

• Visited January 2014