“Favourite for Italian” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
New Zealand
“Favourite for Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have frequently eaten at Zico with my wife and friends. The menu is well founded, and tasty, with Italian and New Zealand options. I have had Italian by choice, and, along with my wife and friends, have yet to be disappointed, either with the offerings, or the quality. I have found the Italian wines suitable, depending on your palate. Not top end, but, after traveling, eating, and drinking wines in Italy, more then acceptable. The wait staff are friendly and knowledgable about wines and the menu. All in all, a good place to be. I will go again, for sure. My only complaint, it can be a little noisy.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lower Hutt, New Zealand
“Bland and expensive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Had their dinner special which was chicken livers. Usually my favorite. 8 plain chicken livers with a bit of pasta for $28. A tastless ripoff.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Fix your wine list please”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I love this place, but the wine list is dull.
I understand you wines from Italy but where is the top end options? None!
I'm happy to buy and spend on top wines. When you have just average wines - I spend much less.
Otherwise great place to eat

Visited April 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
“Lovely food, varied menu, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We ate here before going to see Hugh Laurie. When I booked I told them we were going to a show and they made a note to ensure we were out in time.
We started with the bruschetta which was nice.
I had the Duo de Carne - lamb cutlets and beef with vegetables. The meat was perfectly cooked and the beef had a wonderful flavour. The veggies were capsicum, mushroom, tomato and courgette. It was served with a wedge of lemon which I squirted on my lamb - delicious.
My partner had the veal stuffed with cream cheese and spinach which he loved.
We decided to have dessert and were not disappointed. I had the tiramisu from the specials board while my partner had the banana mousse crepes. Both were delicious.
We also had a rather nice bottle of wine.

The service was very good. Friendly but professional with just the right amount of attention - we were not pestered every couple of minutes, nor were we asked if the food was okay after just one bite as happens in some places.

We chose this place because it is in the Entertainment Book (buy one get one free on mains) but will definitely go back even without the offer.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wellington, New Zealand
“Good Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Pasta and sauce was excellent, meatballs and garlic bread were pretty average. Wife loved her main meal.