“Average food” 2 of 5 stars

Description: http://www.menumania.co.nz/restaurants/sawasdee-thai-restaurant
Description: http://www.menumania.co.nz/restaurants/sawasdee-thai-restaurant
“Average food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

The food quality is average in comparison with other Thai restaurants that I tried previously. Price is not too expensive but also not cheap. $14.5 for Pad Thai if you eat there, and $2 less if you take away. I can have the same quality of Pad Thai at only $8 or $10. And it is also a little bit salty according to my taste. My friend ordered a green curry and they gave the smallest bowl of rice I have ever seen. He had to ask for an extra bowl of rice with additional cost. Overall, the restaurant is ok but I will not recommend it to anyone.

Wellington, New Zealand
“Absolutely delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We ate here last week on one of our "can't be bothered cooking" nights. We've been here before and it has always been great. The business is split pretty evenly between takeways and in-house dining. We ordered money bags and spring rolls and one other starter to kick off which were faultless (only took 5 minutes to appear). For mains we shared a green chicken curry, red beef curry and a pad thai. All were absolutely delicious. The bill was $70 for 3 people which was pretty good value we thought. One criticism about the mains - not enough meat with each dish. I would have been happy to pay a bit more for a bit extra. Despite this we will be back - the food is absolutely delicious!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Fast and friendly service. We only waited 10 minutes for our two takeway meals and they were absolutely delicious.

Visited March 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
“Food great, service a lil slow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

A nice lil place, business that night seemed equally split between diners and takeaways. It certainly seems to have a strong following in the neighbourhood. Meals were piping hot and well spiced. My rise dish was soppier than I epected, but I suspect that's more from the different cultural cooking style. The only critisism we have is that the young guy waiting and clearing tables seemed to forget we were there once the ordered dishes came out, despite us being close to the kitchen so he had to pass us a lot. We would have liked to investigate desert but gave up waiting something like 20 min after finishing our main. (No, not an exaggeration I'm afraid. My mind was elsewhere that night so I'd kept an eye on the time.)
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt this time, maybe he didn't know he could sell more food to people finished their original order if he asked.
We'll give it another chance some other time, when we have time.

• Visited September 2012