“Great lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Great lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

3 of us had just finished golf at Royal Wellington and their cafe had closed so we headed to Silverspoon just down the road. Their lunch menu had finished as well but the chef was still there and happy to cook for us.
The food was great, I had corn fritters - they were lovely, and quite filling. Audrey had an omelette, which she really enjoyed, and Kay had a simple poached eggs on toast - perfectly cooked.
The coffee was very good and the staff very accommodating and friendly.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Wellington
“Great little cafe that I didn't know about”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We went to a 90th birthday celebration at this café and it was excellent. The set menu that we chose from was full of dishes that I liked and I could have chosen several things.

When the food did come it was very yummy. I had the pate which they make on site and it was delicious - not too dry as sometimes can be the case.

I then had corn fritters with bacon and this was also delicious. I also had some of my partner's hash brown and bacon stack with poached eggs and this was just as nice.

For me the favourite thing was the lemon curd roulade. I love anything lemon and this was scrumptious.

There were 14 of us and the food all came out at the same time so you weren't sitting there watching someone else eat whilst waiting for your meal.

The service was excellent and the venue very convivial.

We will be going back to this café soon.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Ticked all the boxes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Went to the Silverspoon Restaurant on Saturday evening for my retirement function.
Fifty guests so we had the whole restaurant booked.
Atmosphere was great, staff friendly and helpful at all times which contributed to the success of my function.
No problems with the delivery, presentation or quality of food.
Have been here many times mainly for brunch with friends and family.
Well done.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wellington, New Zealand
“Expensive and not so welcoming”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We went out as a group of kindy Mums who don't get to dine out often. The food was OK, but not fantastic, and the prices pretty high for the quality of meal we got. I had chicken which tasted fine, but I could have made it much nicer myself, and the presentation was very average. We were seated near a very noisy table who left around 9.30, at which time we could have a proper conversation as the background noise wasn't so loud, however as soon as the other table had left the staff started cleaning and packing up and making it very clear that they wished us to leave. At not quite 10pm, having only arrived at 7.30 and just completed our meals, we felt slightly insulted by this.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Lazy and expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Eaten here a few times but whilst the food was edible it was not great. Salads come out of a packet from new world or similar, very small meat portion, wife's fish was pan fried and dumped on top of some potatoes - no sauce, no dressing on salad, overall it has slipped down to home cooked level, most disappointing and expensive for what you get

Visited January 2014