“Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 48 Hotels in Wellington
A TripAdvisor Member
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2004

Stayed here April 2004. Hotel was recommended by Auckland Vistors information. It's right in the centre of town, just around the corner from courtney place which is a hub-bub of activity.I had a double room which was a little small, the double bed had one side against the wall, but as I was on my own it wasn't a problem. I arrived very late off the train to find reception closed, but managed to hunt someone down to check me in.The Bathroom was beautifully finished in a scandinavian style. I have seen pictures of the backpackers section and for a backpackers its exquisite! I would have loved to spend more time exploring the building as it retained alot of the original features.I wished I had stayed here on my return rather than the Downtown backpackers....--------------------------------------

• Stayed April 2004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)

Been to The Cambridge Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Cambridge Hotel

Address: 28 Cambridge Terrace, Wellington, New Zealand
Location: New Zealand > North Island > Greater Wellington > Wellington
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant
#19 Business Hotel in Wellington
Hotel Class:2.5 star — The Cambridge Hotel 2.5*
Beautiful heritage building.Immensely popular for our value accommodation and our central location in the heart of the city. From traditional rooms upstairs, to state of the art backpacker facilities.Come, join us in the bar for a free kiwi BBQ every Wednesday,or our fab menus with breaky starting from only $3 for eggs on toast! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HostelBookers, Agoda, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Cambridge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Cambridge Hotel Wellington

If you own or manage The Cambridge Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.