“Hard bed, small room, but great location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Hotel Wellington

You added Comfort Hotel Wellington to your Saves list
Comfort Hotel Wellington
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   213 Cuba Street - Dunlop Terrace, Wellington 6141, New Zealand (Formerly The Chancellor)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Wellington
“Hard bed, small room, but great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Great location on Cuba St. And as a result is a little noisy if your room os located on the street side. The staff are friendly but the rooms are small and the beds hard. Good value if location is your priority.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
QHW, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear hannahj17
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor. The comments you made regarding your stay with us are most appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to CQ Wellington in the near future. Please feel free to contact us directly on our website or send an email and we will take care of your reservation personally.
Olivier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Dannevirke, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

we really enjoyed our stay and with our family going to the football matches it gave me free time and with the hotel being so central I didnt feel lost and the restraunt staff were very helpful the desk staff were most helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
QHW, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear Rosemary G,
Thank you for taking valuable time to give us your feedback. I am very pleased to learn that you've had an enjoyable time with us during this special football weekend and that you found the location and facilities to your liking. I look forward to another opportunity to be of service to you in the near future! Please feel free to contact us directly on our website or send an email and we will take care of your reservation personally.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Comfort hotel is located on a busy and vibrant Cuba St. It can as a result be a little noisy if you are on the street side of the hotel especially over the weekend. The rooms are small but clean and the staff are friendly and helpful.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
QHW, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Hannah,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay with us.
I am so thrilled you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel and location perfectly suited for your needs. Looking forward to welcoming you back again.
Warmest regards,
Olivier Lacoua
Otaki Beach, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Stay here often last time was prior to Hospital visit. Staff friendly and even gave me free parking, a real bonus. Had no trouble sleeping, the Manager on Duty Aranud made sure I got help with my bag. Greatly appreciated.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to compose such an extensive review on all aspects of your experience with us at CQ.
It is certainly one of our greatest pleasures to be able to accommodate you in the friendly and professional way you deserve. I have passed on your kind comments to our team, Arnaud in particular, with great gratitude. I am so thankful our staff created the experience for you we aim to achieve with all of our guests.
I so value your high recommendation of the hotel and would love to welcome you back again!
Kind regards,
Olivier Lacoua
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Nice hotel only drawback, room far to small for a double, en-suite door didn't open fully as it hit bed, bed was underneath window and draught was terrible, had to sleep upside down mentioned it to reception, didn't seem interested.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
QHW, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Margaret,
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the location of our hotel. As you noticed our economy rooms are compact, but are definitely a good option for budget conscious travellers.
I have taken careful note of our comment in regards to the room and bedding configuration and thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will review personally the issue that you have raise and implement the necessary step to improve the situation with the bedding.
I appreciate your feedback and hope to see you back at CQ Hotels Wellington next time that you are in the Capital. Please feel free to contact us directly on our website and we will take care of your reservation personally.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

It's not often that things exceed expectations but Comfort did this in bucket loads... The overall standard, the staff, the food, the service, the location, all were marvellous... But the biggest lie in the whole place must be the three star rating... someone has slipped up badly here because it's a LOT better than that...

• Stayed July 2014
QHW, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Graham G,
I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to compose such an extensive, insightful and incredibly affirming review on all aspects of your experience with us at the hotel.
I'll have you know, I have passed on your kind comments to our team. I am so thankful they created the experience for you we aim to achieve with all of our guests.
We so value your high recommendation of the hotel and would love to welcome you back again!
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

One of the cheaper range of hotels in Wellington but service and quality is not compromised. I emailed the hotel for accessible room request prior to booking and had prompt replies. Appreciate Jessica's help to arrange for adjacent double rooms! Room is small, but that's within my expectation for the price I've paid. Secured parking avail at 25NZD and we had no issues with the reservation of the parking. Location is good, right in the midst of Cuba Street, and a short drive to the pier for our early Interislander ride the next morning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
QHW, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear lavend3rmist,
I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the CQ Wellington. It is always a great pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I will share your comments with our team, especially with Jess. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.
Olivier

Been to Comfort Hotel Wellington? Share your experiences!