“3 Night Stay in Wellington, NZ” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Hotel Wellington

You added Comfort Hotel Wellington to your Saves list
Comfort Hotel Wellington
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   213 Cuba Street - Dunlop Terrace, Wellington 6141, New Zealand (Formerly The Chancellor)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 20% OFF Room Rate
Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Wellington
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
“3 Night Stay in Wellington, NZ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The location on Cuba St. is excellent for being close to the restaurants, bars and sights to see. The hotel has a very lovely, cooperative staff that I used on three separate occasions and they were all friendly, helpful and courteous. The room was clean but small. The bathroom was also small but adequate. The mattress on the bed reached it "sell by date" and was not comfortable! After walking around the city each day for three days; however, you STILL sleep because you're tired! I had a glass of wine in the bar one night for $9.00 which is the going rate. Because of the price, I would stay again.

Room Tip: I arrived by train and it cost me $16.00 for a cab to the hotel and $14.00 to return to the railroad...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
QHW, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear love2eat333,
It is always a great pleasure to receive such positive feedback. I will share your comments with the team; I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
I have also taken careful note of your comment in regards to the mattress; your feedback has been forwarded to the Executive Housekeeper for her review and action. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I am looking forward to welcoming you back at CQ Hotels Wellington in a near future.
Olivier
Olivier LACOUA
CQ Hotels Wellington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

After seeing the other reviews on this site, I was wondering what I'd let myself in for, but the room was very clean and well presented. All the hotel staff were very helpful and let me keep my car in the hotel parking for several hours after checkout time.

They should provide earplugs (bring your own if staying) on street facing rooms as the vibrant night life is vibrant until past 2:30 am and something big and beeping clears up after the vibrancy at 6 am. If you're partaking in the night-life though, this shouldn't be a problem.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
QHW, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Good afternoon RichCrewe,
I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the CQ Hotels Wellington. It is always a pleasure to receive our guests’ feedback.
I sincerely regret the disturbance you experienced during your stay with us. Our downtown location can mean extra street activity on weekends, as much as we try to contain it. On your next visit, we would be happy to assign one of our quieter, east-facing rooms upon request.
Thank you again for sharing your experience and it is my hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.
Olivier
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night. Perfect location for the vintage shops and interesting places to eat. Has a pool which was great. Staff lovely esp nameel. Had great steak in restaurant. Great bed. :)

Downsides: had room at front. No aircon and VERY noisy with window open. Would ask for room on other side (or fan). Rooms are small but that was ok for me. No iPod dock.

All in all a good budget hotel

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Caro8880
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and in particular, the pool and service provided from Nameel at the bar.
I have taken careful note of your comments in regards to the noise level; on your next visit, we would be happy to assign one of our quieter, east-facing rooms upon request.
I look forward to welcoming you back to CQ Hotels Wellington again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Unlike the other reviews, we really enjoyed our week here. The room was very clean,simple comfy and had everything you would need. Now I cant guarantee if I was just lucky..given the other reviews..only once did we wake up in the middle of the night with strange noise... it was just random loud and disrespectful people walking on the streets.

Other than that, really enjoyed it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon AntoniaRebelo,
Thank you so much for your reviews of CQ Hotels Wellington. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. The team takes great pride in the service they deliver and I was very pleased to share your comments with them.
I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to CQ Hotels Wellington again soon.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed here as part of a conference and found that staff helpful, the coffee terrible and the rooms good.

Conference facilities were great and the bar and restaurant exceed expectations.

Location on Cuba St it is an easy walk to all main attractions and close to many of the best shops in this wonderful city

Room Tip: Try for a room that doesn't front Cuba St
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
QHW, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Good evening Craig G,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback from your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and the services provided by our team.
I have also taken careful note of your comment in regards to the conference coffee quality; this has been forwarded to the Conference Manager for her review. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Thank you again Craig for your positive comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in a near future.
Auckland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Contrary to the name this was not a comfortable experience. After a real hassle with parking, tired we were lead to a room on first level. I had asked about the noise levels and was re assured it would be quiet. Not so, the night was long and sleepless. As for the room, the first thing I had to do was clean the basin from the black hair in the sink. Gross. I couldn't wait to get out of there. Customer service and front desk was cold and sterile. The only good things I can say about our stay was that the shower pressure was decent and the breakfast was good. We were thankful we only had to endure one night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
QHW, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your stay at CQ Hotels Wellington. Please accept my sincerest apologies that your experience did not meet your expectations. I appreciate you sharing your concerns as this allows us an opportunity to improve and rectify our level of services. I would like to assure you that the entire team and particularly the Front Office and Housekeeping team are taking the necessary steps to address the problems that you have raised to prevent any similar future occurrence.
On a more positive note, I am delighted that you enjoyed the shower pressure and your breakfast meal. It is my hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

During a two-week stay on New Zealand's North Island, we stayed at seven different accommodations, all within the $120 to $160 a night price range. This hotel was bad. No air conditioning, no sound proofing (could hear people going to the toilet above us and next door, heard a guest throwing up, and the street noise was terrible). Also, no sink plug, hardly any toilet paper and a less than charismatic guy working on reception. Avoid if possible! Btw: we are seasoned travellers.

Room Tip: Check if there is air conditioning...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lyndell C,

Once again please allow me to express my sincerest apologies and it is my hope that he will give us the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

CQ Hotels Wellington

Been to Comfort Hotel Wellington? Share your experiences!