“Amazing pizza, fantastic dessert.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #79 of 631 Restaurants in Wellington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The locals have loved Heaven Woodfire Pizza for five years out in Waikanae.
 So we thought we'd bring our restaurant to upper Cuba Street.

We believe in using fresh ingredients to create the tastiest dishes. Our menu
 has something for everyone, at prices that are sure to please. So visit us at 247
Cuba Street and check out the delicious food and amazing atmosphere.until late 8 days a week heavenpizza. co. nz
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Amazing pizza, fantastic dessert.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

My partner and I found this gem right around the corner from us and loved it. Fantastic service and staff, amazing food and my favorite part about the night was the dessert pizza. What an experience! I loved it! We will definitely be back!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Terribly Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I booked a birthday party here as it was my friends favorite pizzeria and was really, really disappointed with the whole evening.

First of all, I booked a table for ten and was put right at the back of the restaurant by the door that was constantly being kept open by staff, and we had to get up to close it several times due to cold winter weather!

Table service was awful, our waitress came by three times because we wern't ready to order and every time she had more attitude than the last. We finally got out food, I ordered a large eat pizza which was over seasoned and my friend ordered a large designer which had no seasoning- all of our pizzas had the most minute amount of cheese on each of each, much less than any other topping.

After our pizzas we wanted to order desert but despite calling over the waitress several time, nobody came to serve us. My friend reluctantly went up to our waitress in the kitchen who then went to say: "Im a bit busy right now". A guy who was working in the kitchen took our order instead as I guess he realised how rude the girl was being. We ordered tiramisu and baklava for desert both of which didnt taste fresh, the tiramisu was watery and very very soggy.

The toilets were disgusting, down a dark corridor where you go past laundry being hung to dry and you feel in a completely different place. The toilets had a lot of paper on the floor and although all the writing on the wall added to the decor of the place, it all felt like it was falling apart.

I was really, really, really disappointed with the place and I wont be returning there, or recommending it to my friends, It seems so nice from the outside its a shame the pizzas were over seasoned undercooked and the food was awful as well as the customer service.

I work in a cafe so I know how things are meant to work, and being rude to customers is not on. even if its busy (which it wasnt).

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Visalia, California
“A Great Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Spent our last evening in Wellington and decided to go to Heaven Woodfire Pizza. This establishment did not disappoint! Great pizza, beer on tap, fun staff and unique decor. It was definitely a highlight of dining experience traveling through New Zealand.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great Expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

The atmosphere and staff are both warm and welcoming, the seating and decor unique to Heaven. I've been here on two separate occasions, once for lunch and then for dinner. Lunch was nice. We each ordered an inexpensive small pizza each and they were good enough, but not excellent. When you go to a pizza restaurant that isn't a take away you expect perfect, luscious pizza and we walked away thinking that it was okay...

Recently I returned for dinner still holding onto a little hope. I wasn't disappointed with the Margherita pizza. The base was thin and crispy, the flavours were fresh and it wasn't swamped with cheese. Mwah, delicious. My only criticism of the Margherita would be not enough basil.

My friend ordered the Mediterranean pizza which is exactly what it says it is, do not order it with the idealistic dream we had of it. The herb and olive oil covering the base was quite salty and next to the Margherita it was less than appealing.

I would and probably will return, but will in future stick to that beautiful Margherita pizza.

Visited May 2014
“Above average pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Went here yesterday for dinner. Being spoiled having been to Italy a whole lot in my life, I have pretty high pizza standards. Heaven was good. I had pancetta and my girlfriend had the vegatable pizza. The crust was good, but the topping was average. Pancetta wasn't great and there was not option for Bufallo mozzarella. For drinks we had a carafe of red wine, which was a decent red house wine (liter for $23 is a pretty good deal too). Overall, pretty good, but I'll explore more pizza places around here! Oh and the music in the restaurant can be strange sometimes, hard rock is not really my choice for dinner music!

• Visited May 2014