This hotel had good reviews and looked attractive for our intended stay in Wellington from 17th January until 22nd January 2013. I believed that booking directly with the hotel would be a good idea. WRONG!. I simply checked the box saying that I have read the T&Cs and gave my credit card details to secure the booking. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the hotel had taken the full amount of NZD 1295 from my card even though it would be a full 5 months before we stayed there. When questioned there was an immediate apology and an offer to refund 80% of the charge. That was eventually increased to a near full refund - they deducted the bank charges associated with the refund. But it took more than 2 weeks to achive with more than 10 e-mail exchanged between us. Along the way, they credited NZD500 to my account and took it back the same day. After another week they credited NZD800. Then the balance after I had requested VISA to initiate their dispute process. Having drawn attention to a quite unsatisfactory situation, the response was to tell me to stay somewhere else! Not surprisingly I will and I wlll tell as many other unsuspecting potential clients to beware of the fact that this hotel will take full payment against your card as a condition of booking. Outrageous.!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1922 the Hotel is a category one Heritage building. It has 13 bedrooms each unique in character with generous bathrooms. It is nestled in central Wellington handy to the waterfront, railway station and ferries, government centre, parliament, the courts, business district, cable car, Kirkcaldies and Lambton Quay shopping and the stadium. All are within easy walking distance. Te Papa 20 minutes walk, Courtenay Place 30 minutes walk. The Hotel does not have it's own parking but there is parking available. Parking is free outside from 6:00pm to 8:00am Monday to Thursday and after 8:00pm Friday all weekend. Personal service and attention to detail is a priority and our "1815 Cafe and Bar" is open from 7am for breakfast, lunch, morning and afternoon teas and as a house bar. Coffee is a speciality. Spoil yourself with a stay at Wellington's finest Boutique Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Wellesley Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wellesley Hotel Wellington
- Wellesley Boutique Hotel Wellington
- Wellesley Wellington
- Wellington Wellesley