“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

BEST PRICE GUARANTEE
Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Wellington
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Returned for my second stay this year and I was pleased to be put in the same positioned room as last time but on a different floor. The room is quite spacious and bathroom looked like it had recently been refurbished and the decor is very good. I was originally booked to stay for two nights, but due to the airport being closed on Friday, I didn't make it up until the next day. I had thought I had lost out on one nights accommodation cost but I was offered a refund which I really appreciated. Location is very good close to Lambton Quay and the waterfront. I will be back again.

Room Tip: My room was the first one on the right out of the lift and I was very happy with it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
NathanFrost, General Manager at Ibis Wellington, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear MataiWest,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington. I am glad my team were able to assist you with your accommodation during the recent flight disruptions and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Nathan Frost

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Having stayed in many Ibis hotels in Europe, this was a pleasant surprise. Decked out in the new decor, and benefiting from useful touches like an iron in the room. Excellent breakfast, and nice feel. A touch pricy for a budget hotel, but good location and hi standards.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Dear BenB968,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington particularly the decor and the breakfast offering. I will pass on your comments to all staff and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Nelson, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The room looked oh so much bigger in the photos but did the job just fine and I have nothing else to say but have to keep typing until I hit 200 characters - silly system!! And now makes me not so keen to write a review again - what's that saying - cut your nose off despite your face ???

Dear Minnielump,

I am pleased that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington. We appreciate the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Floors were rock hard, carpet needs replaced. Bed was terrible, didn't sleep a straight two hours the first night and finally managed an ok sleep by night 3.. Customer service was ok. Wouldn't stay again at the price paid.

Dear Murphs13,

I am disappointed that you have not enjoyed your stay with us at ibis Wellington particularly the comfort of the bed. I will take your comments on board and we hope to have an opportunity to better serve you again in the future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel is ok - but it's only ok! Decor is horrific - like something out of a very cheap hotel in Amsterdam in the 70's! Rooms are very small, in desperate need of decoration with dust visible on a number of items - bed side table, clock, tv, etc. I actually wiped my finger along the top of my bedside table and managed to collect far too much dust for a room that is presumably cleaned daily!! Breakfast is ok, again just ok. I found myself wondering how long the 'hot' buffett had been sititng waiting to be eaten! On a positive, it is in a good location for exploring Wellington.Thats about the only positive. Staff are not rude but I wouldn't say they were over firendly either. It screams cost cutting!! I wouldn't stay here if you like 'nice' hotels :)

Dear AllyJ142,

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us particularly the cleanliness of the room. I have personally passed on your comments to my Housekeeping team and we hope to have an opportunity to better serve you again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The room was far bigger than i thought and was warm and comfortable.
I enjoyed my one night and will stay there again.
Have recommended it to work mates and friends.
Our company will definately use the Ibis again.
It was very handy to the places i had to go.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Dear kiwipyro,

I am so pleased that the hotel has meet your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you, your workmates and friends to ibis Wellington in the near future.

Whakatane Nz
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

That's what is so good about the Ibis Wellington. So central easy access not far to the airport bus and easy walk to many attractions e.g Te Papa, Parliament, waterfront
Hotel was of good quality, food ok, staff very good and helpful
Safety and security and the access to floors was the best I have seen in a while

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NathanFrost, General Manager at Ibis Wellington, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear yvonne210,

I am so pleased you enjoyed the central location of the hotel particularly the service provided by my team and the secure access provided. I will pass on your comments to all staff and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Nathan Frost

Been to Ibis Wellington? Share your experiences!