“Will be back” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Wellington
Wanganui, New Zealand
“Will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I called before booking as i have 7 month old twins and wanted to ensure the services suited. The female i spoke to was very helpful and when i asked about noise she advised i would be put on a higher level to ensure quiet (i was then put on level 5). I was extremely pleased with the room and services provided. I will be strongly recommending to anyone visiting Wellington.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NathanFrost, General Manager at Ibis Wellington, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear thouminek,

Firstly, congratulations on your 7 month twins, you are amazing! I am pleased that my staff were able to make your stay incredibly smooth and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your comments to my whole team and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Nathan Frost

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Wanganui, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great location, and that is probably all I can say was good this stay. I was there last year at the same time and experienced air conditioning issues in the room - thought a year later it would be fixed. My room was 2 singles made into a king (don't lay in the middle of the bed), The room was sooo hot and uncomfortable even when putting the air con to 15C. They have pick up room service - so basically order and pick up in billy cans. ordered a meal w/ desert and the desert was on the top layer of the "billy cans', thus the ice cream was totally melted before I even got it to my room, never mind after the meal when it looked like a brownie is milk. Ordered a steak 1 night and there was so much grizzle in the middle I could not cut thru it? A 50$ meal served in billy cans that you get a paper plate with?? Staff were "OK" but the air con never got fixed and the meals were very disappointing. After 4 nights I was exhausted and would NOT recommend the Ibis unless it is for just 1 or 2 nights.

Room Tip: Bring your own fan. Eat somewhere else. 1 or 2 nights max.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
NathanFrost, General Manager at Ibis Wellington, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear TinaR412,

I am very disappointed to receive your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington particularly the fact that you have had issues with your air conditioning on two consecutive stays. I have passed on your comments to my Chief Engineer to investigate and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. ibis hotels do not offer room service and instead offer a takeaway option called Grab it and Go which is served in Tiffins. I am sorry that this service and the quality of the steak did not meet your expectations and we hope to have any opportunity to better serve you again in the future.

Whakatane, Nz
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

All the hotel employees were great.
Room was fine except for the hard bed.
Great location in central Wellington and far better value and more personal attention than the Intercontinental along the road.
Great coffee bar next door - turn left out the main door.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us although I am sorry the bed did not meet your expectations. I will pass on your comments to all of my staff and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Good standard with regular visits to the Ibis. Prompt service on registration and departure.
Continental breakfasts are the norm for me and are generally adequate. However, I like the look of the full breakfast and shall sample this in the near future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Heidsiek,

Thank you for choosing ibis Wellington again as your accommodation provider in Wellington. I am glad that we continue to meet your standards and look forward to serving you a piping hot breakfast on your next stay with us.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed for a few nights on business, being a regular stayer at IBIS Hotels NZ wide I knew I could expect a perfectly positioned, basic but great hotel. The hotel is in a perfect position for all you need to do in Wellington with a short walk to the waterfront as well as shopping on Lambton Quay.

The staff and their friendliness are what made this stay great. Such genuine reception staff and i liked that the cleaning staff always smiled and said hello. I enjoyed a buffet breakfast each day which was lovely, and I love the lollies at reception....the little touches!

Will definitely stay again when I go to Wellington. Great price for a great room.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Shecrow,

We appreciate the loyalty to the hotel and we are glad that we have once again met your expectations. I will pass on your comments to all staff and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We are two couples and very satisfied with the room,location and price. However the carpark is only 25 slots. Luckily we can use the carpark at the next morning.
Remember to ask or request carpark when booking thishotel.
Surely will stay again when visit Wellington. Thank you!
Tips: There is a good Malaysian Restaurant nearby.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NathanFrost, General Manager at Ibis Wellington, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Linawaty,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Car parking is limited at the hotel and does need to be pre-booked however I am pleased that on this occassion we had availability for you. Thank you for the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Auckland Central, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have stayed here many times and find the rooms are always very clean and tidy. It is very quiet on the upper floors which is nice if you have to sleep during the day.

All the staff are friendly and seem happy to help. Even the cleaners give you a friendly hello as you walk past.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear cybehusky,

Thank you for your loyalty to the hotel. I am pleased that we consistently meet your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Nathan Frost

Been to Ibis Wellington? Share your experiences!