“Clean and average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Wellington
Sydney, Australia
“Clean and average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is a minimalist, clean and average hotel centrally located in Wellington. Rooms are basic with fridge, kettle and tea bags provided. No apparent laundry facility. Bathroom provides soap, shampoo & conditioner but no shower caps. Free wifi in the lobby seems difficult to access. Overall nothing to write home about.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
NathanFrost, General Manager at Ibis Wellington, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear cherry_bobby,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. ibis hotels are reduced service hotels and I am sorry if this did not meet your expectations. We do provide laundry facilities on the 9th and 1st floor and I apologise if my staff did not make you aware of this. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Nathan Frost

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Dunedin, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is my preferred Wellington hotel due to it's great location and friendly staff. Due to it's central location I can get around all my business meetings easily on foot. I've been staying here for years and continue to recommend it to friends and colleagues.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dixon244,

It is an absolute pleasure to receive your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington. I am delighted that we continue to meet your expectations, thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Tonga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This was our first visit to Wellington and we found this Hotel to be extremely well located in relation to TSB Arena, Waterfront and city centre. We booked via an agent - check in, housekeeping and check out went very smooth. Of course one does not get the same service and facilities that one might get at places that charge twice (or more) the nightly rate. If ever in Wellington again and in need of a good central location, will be very happy to stay here again. The only minor point I would have is that the TV volume was very low (even on high) and it was sometimes hard to follow. But I guess this is preset to avoid it possibly being a nuisance to guests in the next room.

Room Tip: We asked (the agent) for a room with a view and given a room that looked straight onto the facade of...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Heilala,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the central location of the hotel on your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington. I am sorry there was an issue with the TV volume in your room, I shall have my maintenance department rectify and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. I am delighted that you found the hotel to be good value for money and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Initially thought room a light small after a stay in a suit in Auckland. Nonethless adjusted to room and found most comfortable and manageable. Enjoyed our stay very much. Domestic staff and counter staff extremely helpful and obliging. The Ibis location in Featherston St is probably one of the most accessible and convenient hotel locations in Wellington. Handy to a range of shops, restaurants, bars, attractions and railway station. All readily accessible by foot. Quite street location ensured quality sleep. Next time in Wellington the Ibis for sure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Headframe,

I am glad that we have been able to change your initial perception of the guest room and that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotels close proximity to everything in Wellington and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

auckland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel is one step up form a backpackers.

King beds are king singles pushed together

Staff are rude and majority were unhelpful

No room service

Dirty tables in the dining area

Mould around base of shower

Big bird poo on the window

I know its only 3 star but would expect better

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear sarahhbee,

I am very disappointed to read your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington. ibis hotels do not provide room service and I am sorry if this did not meet your expectations. The cleanliness and service issues are not our usual standard and I have passed on your feedback to my team. It is our hope that we have an opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Nathan Frost

Been to Ibis Wellington? Share your experiences!