“GREAT HOTEL AND STAFF” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Wellington
Olathe
“GREAT HOTEL AND STAFF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

We stayed at five or six different hotels while on our honeymoon in New Zealand and this hotel by far did the best job! The room was just enough space and was very clean and well designed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. This hotel was the only one that gave us a bottle of champagne for a gift for our honeymoon. We stayed at several "5" stars hotels but The Ibis Wellington was the only one which made us feel special on our magical trip around a beautiful country. If I am lucky enough to go back to Wellington I will 100 percent be back to the Ibis Wellington!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
NathanFrost, General Manager at Ibis Wellington, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Dear lixiaojc,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Ibis Wellington. I do remember you and your wife staying at the hotel and I am so pleased that you enjoyed the bottle of champagne. I am also pleased that you enjoyed your travels around New Zealand and when back in Wellington in the future, we look forward to looking after you and your wife once more.

Nathan Frost

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

Nice hotel in a great location. Rooms small but adequate for a solo business traveler on a budget. Handy location and facilities more than adequate.
Only downside is no free WiFi in the rooms. Wellington has free WiFi in the city so it should be available in the rooms.
Will stay here again

Dear Accorhotels Traveller,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, I am pleased that you found the hotels location and services met your needs. Wi Fi is provided in the hotel lobby and in some guest rooms and do not hesitate to ask for one of these rooms on your next stay. Wellington City does provide free Wi Fi to street level and this free Wi Fi is not available on multi story buildings.

Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

A nice hotel that reminds me of your average 3 - 4 star hotel found in almost major city. Nothing really stood out to me all that much other then the fact the most of the staff is generally not very helpful and the breakfast buffet is way over priced.

One thing I found overly annoying was inside of each room by the door is a key card slot which you have to put your key in to active the power in the room. This is all find and dandy except this means that you can't charge your laptop or cell phone while you go for dinner or something of that nature.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Dear azchipka,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to read that you found my staff to be unhelpful, this is not our usual standard and I will pass on your comments to my management team to pass onto their staff. Thank you also for your comments regarding the Key Card slot in the room, this is part of our environmental initiatives to reduce energy usage when a room is unattended and I am sorry if this inconvenienced you in any way.

New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

This hotel was perfect for our short trip to Wellington to attend the Moody Blues concert. The Airport Bus drop off is within easy walking distance of the hotel. We also walked from the hotel to the evening venue (Michael Fowler Centre) and back, saving quite a bit on taxi fees. The shower cubicle is very small but room size adquate for what we needed plus for the rate paid, there's no complaining.
We had dinner at the hotel which was most enjoyable. All staff members were very friendly - from reception to the person booking our dinner table. When we sat down to dinner, the waiter was told in advance that we were on a time limit for our show which we thought was a nice gesture. As an Advantage Plus member I asked for a later check out and that was granted in a friendly, graceful way. Overall enjoyed the stay and satisfied with the price paid.

Dear Judith69,

Thank you for your very informative feedback regarding your recent stay with us and I so pleased that the hotel location suited your needs. Thank you for the feedback regarding the service you received from both my Food and Beverage and Front Office team, I will personally pass your comments onto them. I hope that you enjoyed the concert and we look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis Wellington again soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Hotel is well situated close to main shopping areas and lots of places to eat.
Room was a little small but offered a desk and bench seat. Shower enclosure was definately too small. Generally okay, but wireless connection only works in the lobby, and the TV was incorrectly set up - the picture quality was grainy and the aspect ratio was out. As a result the hotel failed to take advantage of the capability of the good sized flat screen TV.

Dear Accorhotels Traveller,

I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotels location and I have taken your comments on board regarding the size of the shower. We do have wireless available in some rooms on the 1st and 2nd floor and I am sorry if this was not made aware to you during your stay. Thank you for your feedback regarding the quality of the TV picture, and I will pass onto my Chief Engineer to investigate.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

we had great stay apart from the check in as we arrived early we put our bags in till our rooom was ready but the girl at reception was not helpful infact i felt it was an effort, and then when we come back to check in we got the same reception, if the welcome was as good as everything else i would rate the hotel 5 star but feel as the reception is the first contact on arrival i feel this does need to be addressed to increase the standard of the hotel.

Dear Accorhotels Traveller,

I am very disappointed to read your comments regarding the quality of the service that you received from one of my team when being checked into the hotel. This is not acceptable and I have personally passed on your comments to my Front Office Manager to follow up with his team and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Tauranga, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

We arrived on the morning 24/11/11 and got into our room right away. We found a deal online for $119 per night and stayed 3 nights. Our room #615 was right across from middle stairway, which put my mind at rest considering recent earthquakes. And it was very quiet. Room was good size, VERY clean w/ two dbl. beds. Beds were too soft for our comfort but not soft enough to change rooms. Bathroom was bigger than I thought it would be and also VERY clean with amazing water pressure in shower. We didn't drive but bus system very easy to get around. My husband did not like the buffet breakfast, nor did he like the cost for internet.
Although WiFi is posted everywhere, there still is a cost.

Room Tip: Check to make sure the a/c and heater work.