“Wish it could have been longer” 4 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   170 Wakefield Street, Wellington 6011, New Zealand   |
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Wellington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Reno, NV, USA
“Wish it could have been longer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We had only one night in Wellington and the Amora Hotel made it a fine one. From our arrival to the departure the next day the staff was unfailingly helpful and friendly. The rooms are very good and we had a view of the port. As is the case of any working port the view has its industrial aspects but Wellington is a reasonable blend.

Amora is well located for dining options and night life. Best of all it is only three very short blocks to Te Papa Museum.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
AmoraHotelWellington, General Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Stephen Evans,
It was a pleasure to read your feedback, highlighting the ideal location we enjoy here at the Amora Hotel Wellington, the service of our staff and the standard of your room. I hope you enjoyed your visit to New Zealand, and I hope you get the opportunity to visit us again. Thank you for providing a review.
Liam Craughwell, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

My favourite hotel in Wellington. Clean, modern, comfortable, spacious, affordable restaurant and bar and simply excellent! Just gutted we couldn't stay longer and had to move hotels. Stayed in Deluxe King for 3 nights. Hotel of choice in Wellington!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear MLoubser,
Thanks so much for providing such a fantastic review. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests, especially those who rate us as their favourite hotel in Wellington! I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Amora Hotel Wellington again soon.
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I arrived a couple of hours before check-in and my room was ready so I could leave my suitcase and carry on with my day. A very quick process to check-in because they had my details from a previous visit (about five years ago).

My room was very nice and quite tidy (I found a fast food fry under the chaise). I ordered breakfast in my room the first morning, unfortunately the food was cold so I didn't order breakfast the next morning.

I like that they offer a variety of pillows - but you have to ring and request the pillow to suit your requirements. I didn't sleep very well but this was probably because the bed was much firmer than the one I have at home.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Glow_wormnz,
Thank you for providing such a positive review, considering the issues you encountered during your stay here with us! I have taken note of your feedback and will address your comments with my team; however I am happy that despite these issues you enjoyed your stay. I do hope you will consider visiting us again so that we may show you the true spirit of Amora hospitality!
Chalfont St. Giles, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Having picked up a taxi after leaving the Picton Ferry we drove to the Amora and checked in. Made very welcome to this typical international hotel. Room was fine. Location was excellent, close to the major attractions near the harbour. Very close to Te Papa

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic noise as hotel overlooks busy street
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
AmoraHotelWellington, General Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear AScottyP,
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your recent stay here at the Amora Hotel Wellington. I am pleased that you found our location to be ideal, and I hope the rain didn't prevent you from enjoying some of what Wellington has to offer. Thanks again for your feedback, and I do hope you will consider staying with us again if you get the opportunity to visit Wellington in the future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

The Amora in Wellington is truly superb. We were upgraded to one of the Club Suites on the 9th floor that gave us access to the complimentary lounge where we were able to have drinks in the evening and breakfast in the morning. The lounge is on the 9th floor overlooking the harbour with lovely views. On arrival our car was valet parked for us and the reception staff were very helpful and our suite was fantastic. Also on the 9th floor it had a great view and comprised a lounge, bar area, 2 separate toilets, a superb bathroom with jacuzzi and a beautiful bedroom all furnished to a very high standard.The staff were all helpful and pleasant and the hotel was very busy as it was the Rugby sevens weekend in Wellington. This place was so vastly superior to its sister hotel in Auckland and the Wellington Amora is highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Colin H,
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide such a fantastic review of your stay, and I am delighted that you enjoyed the use of our Club Lounge facility. I hope you enjoyed your trip to New Zealand and that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Amora Hotel Wellington in the near future.
Taupo, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Clean, tidy, modern and great views. The staff are always friendly and helpful when we are there. The rate for a Central Wellington hotel is great, especially when it includes a buffet breakfast. We will return, as always! :-)

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear feezills,
Thanks so much for taking the time to provide such encouraging feedback of your stay; especially in relation to the service of our staff which is an area that we work tirelessly on. I will share your feedback with the team here at the Amora Hotel Wellington, and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town.
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 1 night the location was excellent within walking distance to the waterfront and Te papa museum. Staff were very helpful with recommending Things to see and do in the area. Especially beth as she was training, we had a very smooth check in process. Dinner in the restaurant was lovely. Very good value. I would definitely be staying at Amora on my next stay in Feb Thankyou for the wonderful experience.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear tabikaye8,
I was delighted to read your review and am so pleased that you found your experience here at the Amora Hotel Wellington to meet, and perhaps exceed, your expectations. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, and thanks again for taking the time to provide such wonderful feedback.
Liam Craughwell, General Manager

Been to Amora Hotel Wellington? Share your experiences!