“Honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Wellington
Hamilton
“Honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed here for our honeymoon of shopping and fine dining and it was perfect! So close to everything we needed and more! Last time we stayed in Wellington, we stayed in a Hotel on Willis Street for it's central location and it was so noisy that I hardly slept. One street away, Travel Lodge is so quiet, spacious and much more comfortable! Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Nigel W, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Katy J,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am thrilled you chose us as your honeymoon hotel. I am pleased to hear everything was to your satisfaction and I hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Assistant Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Polish first
Auckland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Clean and tidy but very basic accommodation and facilities. Good location in CBD. There was no mini bar in our room. Overall a very average room. No issues with service. Would try elsewhere next time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Michael A C,

Thank you for your review. You have described exactly what we position ourselves to be; clean, simple accommodation at an affordable price in a good location. This is what we are about, if you are wanting more luxury you need to be willing to pay considerably more at a 5 star hotel.

Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Very good quiet and clean rooms. Easy access to CBD. Not to far to walk to the Westpac Stadium. Staff helpfull and informative. Good secure area to hold bags as our flight in the afternoon. Will stay there again

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Julie C,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that would stay with us again. I am glad you found our team friendly and helpful.

Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

J Sisson May 9 2014
The quietest central city hotel I have ever stayed in with friendly, helpful staff and comfortable facilities. My room was spacious, clean and had everything I ended for my business trip. The central location meant that I could easily walk to where I needed to go and the noise of the city was absolutely minimal. I would happily stay again and recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Joanna 8,

Thank you fore reviewing our hotel. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us we so greatly appreciate positive feedback, I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team.

I am glad you will stay with us again and recommend to friends and family.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Great situation easy to get around Lambton Quay

Better staff knowledge of Wellington Great to be in walking distance of things .The rooms were clean and beds comfortable we used the sofa bed
that was comfortable too

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Gaylene L,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the convenience of our central location and found our rooms to your satisfaction.

I will be sure to encourage our team to broaden their knowledge of Wellington.

Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

This hotel is not luxurious but it is quite adequate and very well situated right in the middle of the Wellington CBD. It is not suitable for a romantic weekend but should certainly suit the casual tourist. I will most certainly stay at the Travelodge again for both the location and the very reasonable price tag. Worthy of mention is the great service and attitude shown by the Front of House Staff - an exemplary attitude to customer service so just checking-in makes you feel good about the place even before you see the room.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear GallopingGourmet51,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am thrilled you found our customer service exemplary we pride ourselves on making first impressions count as well as continuing a high level of service throughout a guests stay in all departments.

I am pleased you will return to us and hope it is soon.

Hawkesbay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Apart from my comments on the washroom area my stay was comfortable and had all the facilities I required. Staff very friendly and helful. The hotel is central to the CBD which was a bonus. I have stayed there in the past and will stay there again as the occasion arises.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Dear jbrand79,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I am also thrilled you will come back to us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Assistant Hotel Manager

Been to Travelodge Hotel Wellington? Share your experiences!