I would never stay here again, my friend and I both hadnt stayed in a hotel before and were hoping it was going to be a really nice trip and clean at least but we got there, got crap service straight away which started the list of turn offs and from the beginning we felt uneasy. then upon entering the lift we smelt a disgusting stench of cleaning products/dirt, which put us off again. we got to our room, hoping it would be nice and found a million things wrong within 5minutes. the kitchen was so small both of us couldnt fit in it at once, there was no cutlery and only 1 plastic soon which we then had to keep washing to re-use. the heater on the wall was completely broken and battered looking, like the picture in another review. we then hopped out onto the balcony to look over the "city" which you could barely see anyway and we had problems with both of the doors, the balconies didnt even feel safe in the wind. then we wanted to open the windows and three out of four were broken, we moved on to checking out the room and there was stains on the duvet cover, who knows what. the lights were broken and old looking and there was rips on the wallpaper. the bathroom was pretty tiny too. overall it was grose, we went and complained and were told if we wanted to leave we would have to pay the full price anyway so decided to stay but we spent most of the night out to avoid having to stay there for too long, and were out of there in a flash in the morning. we were disgusted byt the whole stay and after seeing so many other complaints about the same sorts of things including being told on the website that all of the rooms had recently been renovated, I dont know how they are actually allowed to provide accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You're in the heart of it all, 5 minutes to everywhere you want to be. Our very warm welcome and personal service will make you feel at home, while outside the front door the very best of Wellington awaits, right in the heart of all the shopping, entertainment and business districts. Central City Apartment Hotel features superb, modern, spacious apartment style hotel studio, 1 & 2 bedroom apartments with the best city & harbour views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, ACCOR, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Grand Mercure Wellington Central City Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Central City Apartment Wellington
- Hotel Central City Apartment