“great location and pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Mercure Wellington Central City Apartments

You added Grand Mercure Wellington Central City Apartments to your Saves list
Grand Mercure Wellington Central City Apartments
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130 Victoria Street | Te Aro, Wellington 6142, New Zealand   |
Ranked #29 of 48 Hotels in Wellington
New Delhi, India
“great location and pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed in the hotel for two nights in my visit to Wellington and i found this hotel situated in the ideal location,heart of the city.It was great value for money to stay here.I stayed here in one bedroom apartment and the room was tidy and very clean.The bed in the room was very superb comfy.The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.I would love to stay in your hotel in my next visit to Wellington.

Room Tip: Excellent location and clean rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CCAH, Manager at Grand Mercure Wellington Central City Apartments, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Abha_Khanna,
Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Grand Mercure Wellington.

Kind Regards
Subodh Ekka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Northland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Friendly reception upon arrival. Room very accommodating, fantastic view, would stay here again for the view alone from the 14th floor :) Kind suggestion, the guest information folder be updated. Recommend staying here.

Dear Rangimarie01
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review following your stay with Grand Mercure Wellington, I was pleased to read you had a great stay. I will definitely share your comments with the team about service as I know this will encourage them to continue improving our service delivery.We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regard
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed in a one bedroom apartment which was on the Victoria St side. I was happy with the room, bed, TV placement etc. and the kitchen didn't bother me as I had all I needed.

The Lounger thing was not the most comfortable, a couch or armchair would have been better. I also had difficulty getting to sleep for the first two nights as the street noise (friday and saturday nights) was a bit of a bother, but most annoying was the sound of the pedestrian crossing buzzer, all night.

Room Tip: Not Victoria St side.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
CCAH, Front Office Manager at Grand Mercure Wellington Central City Apartments, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay.
I sincerely regret the disturbance that you experienced with the street noise. On your next visit, we would be happy to assign one of our quieter rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Mercure Wellington Central City Apartment again in the near future.
Kind regards
Ankit Nagpal
Invercargill, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This hotel has recently been refurbished and branded under the Accor label. It was in need of an updating and there were certainly some improvements on this visit. I had a room with a small microwave and fridge located within a cupboard in the sitting area. some rooms have a separate kitchen. I had a separate bedroom, but there was no TV in the bedroom, so I could not enjoy the luxury of watching TV from bed! The bathrooms have been updated - no more wet woodwork. Well located.

Room Tip: The views are fantastic from the top floors
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
CCAH, Manager at Grand Mercure Wellington Central City Apartments, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Dippy_Sal
Thank you for taking the time out to submit a review for your stay at the Grand Mercure Wellington.

I am pleased to note that you enjoyed your visit overall, however may I sincerely apologise for your disappointment with some of the aspects of your experience.

I appreciate your constructive feedback which will certainly be taken on board and hope to welcome you back the next time you are Wellington.
Kind regards
Hamilton, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stay in this hotel often for business and at least it is consistent. It is average at best but then it is cheap. The location is good but often noisy in the weekends but at least the bed is away from the street. It would be nice to have a decent lounge chair rather than the lounger thing - not the most comfortable.

I put up with it but don't look forward to my next visit - ever.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CCAH, Manager at Grand Mercure Wellington Central City Apartments, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Wayne, Thank you for your review and the points raised which will be attended too. For future reference when you visit the Grand Mercure we will try our best that you get a room with Lounge chairs than a couch as most of our rooms have couches and only few with lounge chairs.

Regards
Nelson, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment over Queens Birthday in June. We were not very impressed with the bathroom arrangement, while having a shower I found the water did not actually go DOWN the plughole, it started to venture towards the door so had to stop having a shower so I could mop up the water with a towel before it met with the carpet. The water was pooling and was at ankle height by this stage, so obviously the drains needed a really good unblocking. The fan in the bathroom was also very annoying, it wouldn't shut off even when turned off and kept us awake for part of the night. We also required an alarm clock for obvious reasons and were told that there should have been one in the room. There wasn't so we requested that one be bought up to the room. We were told that there was no alarm clock to spare (which I find very hard to believe in a large complex such as this). We received an alarm clock the next day at about 2pm. Wasn't very good to us by then.
The accommodation was basic and while the apartments were handy to town I would not stay here again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Mercure Wellington Central City Apartments? Share your experiences!