“Great food, atmosphere at a very reasonable price.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Napier, New Zealand
“Great food, atmosphere at a very reasonable price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very nice mussel platter we shared as an entree, followed by by a beautifully cooked steak - salmon all very nicely presented. It all tasted great!
Even-though it is a big place it still felt cozy and pleasant.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
“Have been many times over the years but it is always just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Leuven is a somewhat frustrating place. The food is nice and the venue is great but the service is never that friendly and the price of drinks is too high for the small glasses.

They do a good value breakfast, and the coffee is better than average. I will continue to go back from time to time because of it's location (close to people I meet semi-regular) but I never have high hopes.

Visited May 2013
“Good breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were invited to meet some colleagues here for breakfast and thought a beer cafe was a bit of a strange place to go for break lie but we were pleasantly surprised.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tauranga New Zealand
“Green lip mussels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is a very good bar in the central business area of Wellington. I have visited this place in the past and obviously it is a bar t5hat you return to. The food is excellent with several choices of differently prepared green lip mussels. The beer is good but like many things in NZ expensive.

Visited April 2013
Makawao, Hawaii
“Very disappointing. Staff is overworked and take it out on you.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

It was impressive at first. The host welcomes you to the restaurant, steers you to sit at one of the bar stools while waiting for a table. Then it goes downhill after that. We were promised the table that people had just left. We told the waitress we were waiting for the table and she said, exasperated, that she didn't know when she would have time to clean up that table. What? We were patient and were looking at the menu and didn't notice that another waitress had cleaned up the table and sat another couple! We tried to complain, but no one would stop to listen to us. After about 20 minutes (really,we should have left but what was open on Easter Sunday evening?), the host said to us 'clearly there was a misunderstanding' so they offered us a table downstairs, which I found out, was like banning us to antarctica. There were other people there happily eating but no one came to check in on us. My husband had to go back up the stairs to flag down our waitress. This experience really upset me. We had the mussels (there was a promotional 2-for-1 special that night) and it was dampened by the service. The mussels weren't all that great. The seasonings were not very pronounced. The mussles were offered in a variety of sauces. My husband had the coconut lime sauce while I had the basil garlic sauce. We couldn't taste the sauce at all. If I weren't so upset by the service, I think I would have been forgiving on the food. It's too bad the staff don't rely on tips because I definitely would have made my disappointment clear by not leaving a tip. I wouldn;t recommend this place until they stepped up their service.

• Visited March 2013