“Love this place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Adelaide, Australia
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We're only in Welly for 10 days, but we've already visited Joe's 3 times. The first time was for take-away coffee. It passed the taste-test and while there I saw one of their Bratwurst hotdogs sitting on the counter. I knew I had to come back for one of those! I came back for dinner with a group of 6 and we all loved it. Food ranged from schnitty to hamburger, grilled chicken and of course, my Brat. Everyone enjoyed the food. The music they play is great, too: perfect if you're an old rocker like me. It's a little bit louder than background, but not too loud to talk over. Finally, wife and I returned for breakfast. Wife had "pikelets" which were 3 thick, fluffy (not rubbery) pancakes with banana, bacon and maple syrup. Yum! I had hot rhubarb crumble with yoghurt. Unlike many so-called rhubarb pies, etc, this had more rhubarb than apple. Delish!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Mount Maunganui
“'Our Favourite Place'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Was visiting Welly for two days last week.Dined there twice once for dinner then again for breakfast (no poached eggs-no biggie I prefer scrambled) lI really enjoyed all the aspects of Joes from the food to the relaxed vibe.Also had great service from one of their staff members Vicky,was a delight to be served by someone who clearly enjoys and excels at her work.Very welcoming and also helped with any tourist questions we had for her.Will definitely be back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wellington
“Great Brunch Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Lovely food and great atmosphere. It was someone in our groups birthday, and the staff put a candle in a caked and delivered it to our table, which was lovely.

Visited June 2014
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Breakfast was great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

A large group had turned up not long before us but we still didn't have to wait too long for our order to be cooked, although we did have to go to the counter to place our order as service seemed to forget about us.

We all really enjoyed what we had, very generous servings & well cooked although we have never seen fried eggs in an eggs benedict before, that was a first.

Visited July 2014
“Birthday dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Food was delicious. Well priced too. They didn't accommodate the large group well as I was eating with my elbows shoved into my sides. Only one toilet so it was yuck by the time we went to use it. Parking is atrocious