“recommended” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
“recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Friendly service, great location. Price OK, loved the fondue and the catering for dogs. (Usually I write lots but there's not much to say about BB ---this is to get me up to the 100 character max)

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great, will return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Loved the rosti eggs benedict - a new twist on a classic and I really enjoyed it. Good variety on menu and large drinks list. Loved the innovative dogs menu for your pooch so will return with my dog - nice one. We sat outside and the only irritation was the patron next door fagging away and drinking red bull - no food ordered. I can't believe it is still legal to smoke outside a restaurant amongst all the tables but I guess it is.

• Visited November 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Awesome Location, Super Place, Delicious Coffee!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

The most perfect place to be on a sunny day!

Stopped by for a coffee with my man on our free day out in the city. Sat on their sunny patio enjoying the view of passerbys and the ocean.

My Americano was sooooo delicious. I usually like to add a bit of coconut milk and honey into myself. (Yes, strange but I have food allergies.) But this cup didn't need any of that! It was just magically perfect.

My other half ordered a cheesecake that was super yum as well according to him.

The only thing I was disappointed in and surprised to see was a couple that sat down next to us and started smoking! Coming from Vancouver, Canada that is just unimaginable, but obviously rules are different here. Yeeewwwwww!!!

The interior of the cafe is very large by cozy as they divided it into different seating zones. I would for sure visit again on a sunny or rainy day!

• Visited October 2013
“Best brunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The menu is fantastic with something for everyone. Can't beat their brunch! While the service is great when you do receive it, I would recommend they roster just 1 more person each day, and then it could not be faulted. Seriously. If you're looking for a casual brunch, any day off the week, you can't get better than Beach Babylon. If the weather permits, I recommend sitting outside and enjoying the best view in Wellington!

• Visited August 2013
Eketahuna, New Zealand
“Wellington on a plate - burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Thank goodness we booked, this place is always busy. We turned up 30 minutes early and after being told off for being too eager! we got a great table. Fun to people watch and the food was fab. Retro fondue and to die for burger. The waitresses were very attentive and helpful. Book and spend your Sunday afternoon watching the world go by surrounded by 70's kitsch and brilliant food.

• Visited August 2013