“Great Gelato!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 656 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Ice Cream, Café
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Kaffee Eis is celebrating its 10th year as Wellington's premier gelateria. There are 5 stores around Wellington serving award winning gelato and quality locally roasted coffee.
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Great Gelato!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Had a perfect winters day in Wellington so tried this place based on reviews we had seen. Lives up to its reputation for sure! Gelato was just incredible, the flavours were just divine. Awesome friendly service with a personal touch to it which made it so much better than the normal robotic cafe workers we often encounter.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Singapore, Singapore
“Best gelato in Wellington!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

There are several Kaffee Eis locations, my favourite is on Oriental Bay. You can grab your favourite gelato an walk across the road to sit at the beach to eat it. A handy one in the city is in Courtenay Place and there's also one at Frank Kitts Lagoon. My favourite is the After Eight mint gelato with chinks of chopped up nAfter Eight after-dinner mints. There's a few delicious sorbets as well. You can buy tubs of Kthe gelato and sorbet from nearby Moore Wilson Wholesale in Tory St.

We have been many, many times over the last 8 years or so.

Visited January 2013
Dunedin
“Amazing service, lovely gelato”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is a review for the Courtenay Place outlet:

The service here was just fantastic. Usually at gelato bars, I feel very shy and guilty about asking to try flavours especially since I will only pick one or maybe even not buy anything. Here, though, the staff member kept giving me flavours to try, without me even asking for specific ones! She was just really nice, and gave me a huuuuuuge scoop in the cone. I had the gingernut flavour which was great, really creamy and did remind me of the cookie.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Coffees & ice cream - yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Best coffee in town, and I can say that, because I am the most fussy person when it comes to coffees. When you pop in, do not forget to try their ice cream, to die for!

Visited May 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Best Gelato ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is the best Gelato I have ever tasted - even better than Italy! It is my grand-children's favourite cafe for ice cream! After a busy day of running around, we always ended up at Kaffe Eis for ice cream. I tried many flavours and I dont think I can pick a favourite - they were all good. Staff are very friendly and helpful and always happy to let you try new flavours. Cannot wait to go back.

• Visited April 2013