The hotel is relatively new, but has been designed to appeal to those looking for a stylish and restful location. It is about 10 minutes leisurely walk to the Strand, which is the main shopping/bars/restaurants - that's a good thing as it is a quiet place to sleep at night, overlooking the water. The in-house restaurant is outstanding - the chef was lured away from Cin-Cin's (a restaurant in Auckland) and his presentation and selection of dishes demonstrates a degree of care and pride in his work. This was the first place we've been able to sample yellow-fin tuna since leaving Auckland.
The hotel has a wonderful infinity-pool, which also overlooks the water (but there doesn't appear to be loungers), as well as a gym and other entertainment close by. Gentle or medium walks can be taken from just outside the hotel entrance. We had a good deal of NZ$199 including breakfast, which had everything you'd want served.
The rooms are large, with a good sized bathroom, and powerful roomy showers. Beds are firm and do not bounce around if your partner shifts in the night.
If you come, ask to be put in a room that has had the balcony doors fixed - they experienced a little problem (currently being fixed) where they didn't seal perfectly in our first room, and on a windy night ... it could be noisy. The second room was perfect.
Its close to the ferry (10 mins) which is great for the 30 min cruise to the Mount.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An urban retreat that reaches out to the ever-changing waters of the Tauranga Harbourand captures the very essence of New Zealand hospitality. This is a truly unique hotel located on and over the waters edge.Situated on the Pacific Coast Highway, in the sunny Bay of Plenty Region, Trinity Wharf Tauranga is surrounded by a diverse range of leisure and entertainment activities. It is essentially a gathering place – be it to ‘gather yourself’ or to gather with others. A place where you can be as active, or as restful as you like.AccommodationArchitecturally designed across three central piers, Trinity Wharf Tauranga presents 121 well appointed guestrooms, of which 60 can accommodate twin share options for group travel or wedding guests. Two Bedroom Apartment options with fully equipped kitchen, laundry and spacious lounge/ dining areas make for an excellent family haven. Premium Water View Spa Guestrooms and the Trinity Wharf Suite provide spectacular harbour views, balconies on or over the water and offer luxurious spa baths – perfect for a special leisure escape. EventsFive versatile event venues provide excellent options for in-house residential conferences or special occasions. The Trinity Wharf Rooms (with capacity for up to 350 guests) have direct access to the hotel pontoon, enabling event guests to easily make their way to a boat transfer or an awaiting helicopter. For more intimate cocktail gatherings, product launches or corporate meetings, thePool House Rooms (capacity for up to 80 guests) open on to the infinity edge pool and the refreshing harbour views beyond.Lounge & DiningHalo Lounge and Dining serves a fantastic array of breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner and supper options, as well as a fine cup of espresso, cocktails and an excellent wine selection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Trinity Wharf Tauranga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sebel Trinity Wharf Tauranga Hotel Tauranga
- Sebel Trinity Wharf Tauranga
- Sebel Trinity Wharf Hotel Tauranga