“Birthday special” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Tauranga
“Birthday special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

On man occasions we had passed the restaurant and said, one day we will go there. Finally the occasion arrived and as a birthday surprise we booked with friends. Front of restaurant staff were not in line with the prices paid or the quality of food. The chef made a special effort with a dessert request, but although it was by prior arrangement, it felt like it was forgotten. Choices of food were ample and a great wine selection but just did not have the x factor expected.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Tauranga, New Zealand
“always amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Mount Bistro has long been our place of choice for special celebrations or if we have visitors we know appreciate good food.
This place is all about the food! We have never had anything that was less than perfect.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
thailand
“Tasty Food, Abysmal Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I really have to say, the food was outstanding, a brilliant blend of flavors in all the dishes that we ordered. The Rump of Lamb was out of this world.
Well done to the persons in the back doing all the work.
Shame the front face of this restaurant was shocking, I have never experienced service like this before. Unbelievable! OK we got the last table available, but if it was going to be too much hard work, tell us we would have dined elsewhere. You were not full tonight, despite what we were told, so not sure what the big drama was!

Never once were we asked about the food
Had to ask for the wine list twice, never asked about more wine when glasses were finished.
Had to request the table to be cleared
Glasses and food just placed on the table, like it was a chore, no manners what so ever, with exception to the starter which was brought out by one of the Kitchen Crew.

What a pity, what could have been a great dining experience, resulted in such a sham. Food was so tasty, brilliant blend of flavors.

Kitchen Crew if you read this, please change your waiting staff, they let you down so badly.
Apart from that a thumbs up for food, pity about the waiting staff who if not interested in the service industry should get out of it.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tauranga
“My pick!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Ever since the first time I came here, it has become the place of choice for special celebrations. The food is just amazing. I personally fell in love over the Lamb, and my next visit really cemented the relationship with the most amzing pork. If I had a money tree I would eat there all the time, however here you pay a bit more for quality. The Rewana bread is also a favourite (and is priced very reasonably).
Service by the owner is well scripted to be friendly and helpful if you are served by the management, I have found service by one waitress in particular to be substandard and clumsy (Only one drink order was taken at my table last time, I had to go to the bar to order mine!).

Visited September 2012
Wellington
“Good for special occaisions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Great restaurant for a romantic dinner or special occaision.
The food is delicious although a little more on the expensive side. My husband and I both had lamb which was cooked perfectly. Staff were ok... I think it depends who serves you.

Visited October 2012