My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon. This place is actually my favourite out of all of the motels and lodgings in NZ. The owners were the NICEST people, and you can just tell they love what they do (i.e. they are highly motivated towards delivering excellent service). I will list all the things I loved about this place:
- Proximity to Lake Taupo
- Knowledge of staff about the area and engagement with local businesses, e.g. free drink vouchers at a really nice restaurant in town
- Garden BBQ
- Cute and stylish building with landscape gardens (lots of lavender too)
- Spa in the room!!
- Room service actually wash your dishes
- Courtyard, which could be a little more private if they added some hedges / trees
The location is about a 30-40 minute walk to town, which I don't mind at all. It's a scenic walk and can get windy. The only thing about Taupo is I found it got a bit confusing when it came to what to do in the area in terms of hiking. It took a while to figure the maps and tracks out, but there's iSite centres all around that can help.
NZ is a wonderful location for families, backpackers, couples or just solo travelling. It can be as relaxed or adventurous as one desires. The scenery is stunning, the roads are straight making it easy to get from one location to another and the people are super, SUPER friendly and hospitable.
I encourage everyone to go to NZ both north and south island to see postcard landscapes and meet the happiest people you probably wouldn't otherwise experience elsewhere.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Cottage Mews Motel Taupo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.