“Mmmm” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 107 restaurants in Taupo
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Serving, Lunch and Dinner you'll soon discover Waterside's reputation for great casual dining and fantastic meals to meet everybody's needs.Take in the stunning views of the lake and mountains while you enjoy being looked after by our friendly staff, try one of our creative cocktails or speciality coffees. Fantastic outdoor dining in summer, and a fireplace to keep you warm in the winter.Enjoy!!
Taupo, New Zealand
“Mmmm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I would have to say we were so impressed with Waterside with their service and omg the food was excellent. We had our children with us and was happy to find that they could actually get a decent dinner on their kids menu yes my kids had steak salad and mash, now that makes a fantastic change to normal kids menus. My husband also wants me to put on here about his steak, we have been to a few restaurants and he hasn't been happy with how the steak has come out but at waterside both steaks for my son and husband were perfect :) Oh and how can you go past and say no to that amazing view when dining out.

• Visited November 2013

74% Recommend
Rotorua, New Zealand
“I will return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We went to Taupo for lunch and decided to eat here because of the wonderful view down the lake towards the mountains. 3 of us had Fush & Chups. The Dori was crumbed and very succulent. Chips amongst the best I've ever had complimented by a fresh green salad. The 4th person had a seafood chowder served in a bread cob - delicious. Service was quick and friendly. Would definitely recommend and will return.

• Visited October 2013
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic casual dining on the water in Taupo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Popped in for lunch on the way to Napier and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of food and service.

The menu was interesting with a small but nice selection of NZ wines.

We tried the Fush and Chups (fish and chips for non locals...) which was a generous serve of delicious crumbed fish with fabulous fries and greens. My companions tried a range of dishes including a spectacular salmon fish of the day served with asparagus and potato. Wed also tried the chowder which was delicious, served in a cute bread bowl, and the burger which had a lovely homemade patty, also served with the crispy chips.

All in all the food was really good value for money and the restaurant had a fantastic view over the lake.

Visited October 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
“Best restaurant in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

From the minute we walked in we knew we were in for a treat! Service was fantastic! Friendly polite and very helpful! The staff went out of their way for me to help find a good wine and let me taste test until I was satisfied! Loved the advice they gave :)
The meals were absolutely mouth watering! Good sized (a bit too much for me) but that's no complaint! We all want value for money! I give this restaurant a 10/10 will be coming back next time :)

Tauranga, New Zealand
“Service Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The service was fantastic, the dinner was just amazing. My husband and I have been there few times. Shame it was raining but we had a great time.

• Visited September 2013