“Jolly good beer selection” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 107 Restaurants in Taupo
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Jolly good beer selection”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Ok food but very basic. The seafood chowder is packed with surimi fake crab and very thin consistency, such a fab location tho.

Visited June 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“I wish I hadn't gone in!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

As I was staying nearby and the motel suggested this place I gave it a go. I really wish I hadn't. I nearly turned back when I saw trucks parked on the opposite side of the road ( ithought it wont be full of truckers, i was wrong it was) but I had no idea where else to go. My heart sank even further when I saw it was an English themed pub, I normally avoid theme pubs at all costs, but again I had no idea where else to go, it was getting late, it was dark and I was on my own. The tables are covered in black cloths which always makes me think they just can't be bothered cleaning properly, the whole place had that kind of old people's home wee smell about it and the food was terrible. I had the worst lamb shank I have ever had the misfortune to eat, it was all shank and no lamb, what lamb there was was tough and fatty. I didn't stay for pudding!

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Rotorua, New Zealand
“Never Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Apart from the congenial barman and a pleasant waiter, this place is so ordinary it's sad. Right on the lake with an opportunity to be a tourism powerhouse. Instead, pre-cooked unoriginal food loaded to the hilt with carbs. The maitre d needs some training. A bar for seedy adults and hungry carb hunters. Nice view though!

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Altenstadt, Germany
“Cool location to have a beer and a meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed in Taupo for one night and went to this pub to get a few drinks and a meal. The location of the pub is very nice and the view over the lake is awesome. Good food, very nice selection of beers and the staff is spot on and looks after you. Really enjoyed the time there.....

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hamilton NZ
“Down to earth value for money eating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This English style bar and restaurant never fails to deliver on great meals and selection of UK beers. Good friendly service and prompt meal delivery. The pub is situated just out of the main food/bar area south along the lake road and has a very nice outdoor seating area with superb views over the lake. Watching the sunset on a warm summers evening with a drink in hand is magic. A very popular place and no wonder. Been a number of times over the years and never disappointed. This place gives good value for money as you would expect with pub style meals.

• Visited March 2013