“Great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baywater Lakeview Motel

You added Baywater Lakeview Motel to your Saves list
Baywater Lakeview Motel
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   126 Lake Terrace, Taupo 3330, New Zealand (Formerly Baywater Motor Inn)   |
Ranked #35 of 73 Hotels in Taupo
New Zealand
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

Stayed here with my husband for 3 nights.He was working - I was relaxing! Have stayed several times before & always found it very nice. Room was warm on arrival & the host was very accomodating & friendly. Lovely relaxing spa bath & great lake views.Would happily return.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Brisbane Queensland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

We stayed at Baywater for one night. First impression of room on second floor was good. Neat, with small kitchenette, large spa bath in bedroom. Nice balcony with lovely lake views. Quickly noticed the road noise, which was fairly loud even with all windows shut tight. May not be so loud if you stay in the units behind the front ones. The worst thing was the bed which was so soft. Had a bad sleep as I kept rolling into the middle of the bed. When I rang reception to see if they had any firmer beds they said they were all the same & that I would be charged an extra nights accommodation to move rooms. Not particularly helpful. Room let in a bit too much light in the morning for my liking, fine if you are up early. The positives were the large spa bath & the views. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Devon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

We had a breif stay here, we were booked in straight away and very much left alone, we had a fantastic view of the lake and mountain, the room was basic, and had a large spa bath right next to the bed(different) but nice, plenty of hot water, the heating was of a very high standard and we felt lovely and warm on a very chilly day! Two double beds and three singles, making it ideal for a family. Location was great right on the lake front (road between) main restaurants 10 min walk away or 2 min drive. Overall the property would suit most people but was basic, we requested toast and cereal for breakfast and it was bought to our room the night before, which was ok but felt very impersonal, marmite was two years out of date and butter 3 months which I had a problem with, no refund offered neither.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Palmerston North
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

Only a one night stay with husband and 2 kids (8 & 10) but wonderful. Very friendly and helpful. When asked about swimming pool for the kids moved us right beside it to make it easier for the kids and us, also went out of their way to put heater on again as we just got there as timer went off in the pool. Kids loved it! Got up in the morning for a walk along lake front. Spa great! Highly recommend it!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

I just stayed in this hotel for a long weekend away, the view was beautiful, the room was excellent and it was very clean. The staff were also great and very happy to help. I would definately recommend staying there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
taranaki
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

We arrived at Baywater late afternoon after having travelled 4 hours in bad weather with little children. Our room was warm and cosy. Greg and Adelaide were only to happy to help us with any questions we had about getting around taupo. We had a limited time in taupo our hosts were only too happy to point us in the direction of the 'must do' things in taupo . Thanks guys for a great stay.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
NSW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

I have now stayed at this motel for the past two years racing the Ironman. I find the staff very accommodating and helpful bringing a nice family touch to my stays. They even took photo's of me this year and blew it up into a poster for me as a gift before I departed - wow! Great clean unit with more than ample facilities and a nice spa. Close enough to needed local facilities but far enough away for privacy. I have brought my family over and recommended it to other competitors without hesitation. I will be returning again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Been to Baywater Lakeview Motel? Share your experiences!