“Excellent Hotel and Quality” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #17 of 74 Hotels in Taupo
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Excellent Hotel and Quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Booked several months in advance, got the deluxe room on end with a large balcony looking right at the lake. Beautifully furnished and maintained. We ordered room service and ate our dinner on the balcony at dusk. Very memorable!

Room Tip: Quiet, romantic and very nice!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
CF-AKLLT, Manager at Hilton Lake Taupo, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear NevadaRealtor,

Thank you for posting on TripAdvisor I appreciate your feedback and are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. We have enjoyed some outstanding sunsets thus far into summer and it is nice to read that you experienced one of these from our Heritage building.

Thank you against for posting and hopefully we will see you again sometime in the future.

Kind regards,

Clinton Farley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Cairns, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Lovely and modern hotel. Great pool area and gym. We were on the bottom level across from the pool and my only complaint was the noise as people walked past the room and the noise coming from the pool area by kids playing "Marco Polo" (not that I have a problem with this, just dont want to hear it when I'm putting my own kid to sleep). As it doesnt get dark until later you do hear the noise into the night. From memory the pool area closes at 10pm. other than that one complaint the reception were very helpful at arranging tours and the rooms very clean and comfortable. Lovely outdoor area off the rooms where you can sit out.

Room Tip: Away from the pool if you want quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CF-AKLLT, Manager at Hilton Lake Taupo, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear avagraceisace,

Thank you for posting on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by children playing in the pool. I am not familiar with the Marco Polo game, it sounds interesting and I am sorry that it appears to be a noisy game.

Please touch base personally on your next visit and I will ensure you are allocated a room further away from the pool and leisure facilities.

My best regards,

New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Taupo Hilton has so many great aspects. The restaurant offers not only great food but the most gorgeous views of sunset over the lake. The pool, spa and gym complex is divine. The rooms are predictable - fairly standard for a big hotel. It is the charm of the setting that is so wonderful here as well as the staff who are very helpful.

Room Tip: I love the pool so much I like a ground floor room that has a verandah and a short walk to the pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear rubygirlNewZealand,

Many thanks for sharing on TripAdvisor it pleases me greatly to read that your stay with us was your "best summer holiday ever". We do strive to offer the best of the best in region with a touch of Taupo hospitality and I am very glad to hear that your stay was most enjoyable.

Please touch base on your next visit as I would love to say hello.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Hilton Taupo was outstanding. After driving all day this was a perfect place to enjoy a night in. The staff was very friendly, room service was better than we had expected, the bed was extremely comfortable, and for the first time ever I have to rave about a bathroom in a review. The shower was huge, the bathtub was beautiful and the heated floors were just the icing on the cake. I was a little hesitant of the location as it is not as close to the lake as I thought it was going to be. Our room had a lake view, but with that came a parking lot view. We still enjoyed a sunset dinner on our patio and have no complaints.

Room Tip: Our room was a renovated room in the original part of the hotel. I found it perfect and charming. We...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear supabeanz,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your fantastic and most enjoyable stay at the hotel. I am most pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel personally.

Please do touch base when you are next staying.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Couldn't fault anything, an absolutely perfect stay from arrival untill departure.

The staff at the hotel were exceptionally friendly and personable - none of that corporate city hotel computerised spiel, they were actually people with personality!

Location outstanding with a perfect sunset view over the lake from our Apartment!

This was my second stay and very highly recommended we even saw a slight sprinkle of snow on Mt Ruapehu one morning!

• Stayed January 2013
CF-AKLLT, Manager at Hilton Lake Taupo, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear kiwilovetravel,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience on TripAdvisor. It is always very pleasing to read that our guests have experienced a thoroughly enjoyable stay and that our goal of offering the best of the best has been met.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the high level of service offered by the team and do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel for a third stay with us shortly.

Kind regards,

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I would stay in this hotel again. Rooms were a decent size and our 1bedroom apartment had a balcony overlooking the pool. Gym facilities were really good. The pool is heated and they have a spa bath too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
CF-AKLLT, Manager at Hilton Lake Taupo, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear B1900 ,

Many thanks for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor. It is pleasing to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience at Hilton Lake Taupo.

Just to clarify for other readers of TripAdvisor, it would appear that you may have been accommodated in a Junior Suite overlooking our fabulous leisure and pool facilities with the historical Onekeneke Valley down behind.

I do hope that we will see you back at the hotel at some stage in the future. Safe travels!

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed 3 nights with my wife in a massive one bedroom self-contained apartment (room 234) with large balcony facing west overlooking the lake. This is a new hotel in a quiet area on the edge of town about 2kms from the CBD. It has 4 floors and a basement car park, outdoor swimming pool next to a separate modern amd well-equiped gym and the adjoining reception building contains the restaurant.

We loved our stay here and would recommend this hotel over any of the competition. We had the continental breakfast which was sufficient for us and the full buffet was just the basic fare anyway. Staff we very warm and friendly throughout the hotel.

Parking was well catered for with free outside parking on land just below reception, $15/day secure self-parking in the basement or $25/day valet parking - you couldn't ask for better than that.

My only criticism was the very very unstable unreliable WiFi which continually dropped out every few minutes, sometimes seconds, throughout my stay here - very frustrating to say the least. As a Gold HH member I got this service for free for the 3 nights/4 days here but had I paid the $116 value I would have been absolutely infuriated!

I strongly recommend staying here for a few days and using this location as a hub for day trips to Rotorua and the wine region of Hawkes Bay - recommend Craggy Range Winery for lunch & great wines.

Room Tip: Definitely pay the extra for lake view rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ChrisM,

Many thanks for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate you choosing to experience Hilton Lake Taupo and are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit.

Unfortunately I have tried unsuccessfully to contact you via your review, it would appear you are not accepting direct messages.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced problems with the in room Internet. This is certainly not what we want guests to experience. It would assist me greatly to investigate if you could advise what part of the hotel you were residing in or room number. A number of our room types have their own wifi transmitter so usually service is very good. We further upgraded to fibre optic high speed Internet last year and the speed and quality of this should be at a high level.

Thank you for brining this to my attention, I will ensure our IT person checks this site-wide.

I do hope that we may see you again shortly.

Clinton Farley

Been to Hilton Lake Taupo? Share your experiences!