Although a few small spots for improval, I was overall very happy with my stay here.
I stayed in a King Superior suite which was spacious and had everything you would expect of a Hilton Hotel. Great facilities including pool, gym, spa and free internet/computer access in the business centre.
The staff were friendly and welcoming and went out of their way to make your stay comfortable. I stayed here for a wedding and had a "wardrobe malfunction" last minute, to which staff quickly came to my room with necessary equipment to fix this.
The concierge was great in organising an experience I wanted to take part in. I felt the staff recognised me as an individual, not just another guest.
Overall, I felt safe and secure on these premises (except for the carpark, which I will get to).
Now for the small areas for improvement:
1. Overall, the room felt extremely clean (and I am fussy)!! The only downside to this was a stray hair that was in the bath tub when I arrived .... but still overall, the whole room/bathroom felt extremely clean.
2. The internet access that you are supposed to be able to access from your room proved tricky for me. I could not get my computer to connect, however saved myself money by using the free computers in the business centre.
3. The free car park is a gravel "field" at the base of the hotel. I did not feel safe parking here alone at night as I felt it was not very well lit up. I was also unable to locate a path up to the hotel, so had to walk up along the drive way in a not well lit area, which I also found a bit dangerous.
4. Communication failed on one day when an event I organised through the concierge was cancelled due to weather. I was out all morning (with no mobile), so when I turned up to my event and found it was cancelled due to weather, I was not too concerned that the Hilton had not notified me as the venue had said they were meant to. However, on returning to my room, there were no messages/calls waiting to tell me it was cancelled, so even if I was in my room, I felt I would not have been notified.
So these 4 small hiccups aside, overall it is a fantastic venue with very friendly and helpful staff and great facilities.
Definitely would recommend this place!!
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Lake Taupo Hotel
- Hilton Lake Taupo Hotel Taupo
- Terraces Hotel Taupo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hilton Lake Taupo, the regions only 5 Star International hotel. From its spectacular vantage point, Hilton Lake Taupo commands magnificent views over New Zealand’s largest lake and beyond. This distinguished hotel offers a wide range of room types (113 rooms total), from Hilton Guest Rooms through to the grand Presidential Suite. For families, groups and those staying a little longer, one to three bedroom apartments offer a convenient new option. Rejuvenate with a round of tennis, or a workout in the fully-equipped gym or enjoy a dip in the naturally heated outdoor pool and spa-pool or relax in the sauna or steam room. Indulge in flagship restaurant and bar, Bistro Lago with an inspired menu created by New Zealand master chef Simon Gault. Be prepared for an extraordinary experience: an outstanding location, a breathtaking panorama, exceptional service, an intimate ambiance and contemporary luxury of the highest standard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Agoda, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hilton Lake Taupo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.