“More than expected” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Burlington, Canada
“More than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We had lunch here on a Saturday and there was no trouble getting a table. The food, calamari for me, was fresh with a light, tempura like batter perfectly cooked and delicious. Service was friendly but a bit spotty. Over all- fine for a quick lunch.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Very Good but not on service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

My meal was amazing. I ordered the King Salmon and it was absolutely perfect. Although my waitress was meant to tell me about what the salmon would come with, she seemed in a rush so I allowed it to be a surprise. It came out on a bed of crisp warmed snow peas, beans and new potatoes with a salad of diced tomato, orange and pine nuts. The salmon itself was a masterpiece. Crispy skin and then melt in your mouth flesh with not one bone. The flavours worked well together. The only catch that made this restaurant not 5 stars was the service. My meal came out on time but there was a mix up with my boyfriends steak; being that they gave it to the wrong person and he started eating it so they had to make his meal again from scratch and it came out when I was half way through my own meal (lucky I'm a slow eater). My boyfriend refused to be angry or upset though as he says "everyone makes mistakes and someone has to pay". They were apologetic and he agrees that when his meal arrive, it was the best steak he had eaten in Taupo. (he ordered the ribeye steak).

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Taupo, Waikato, New Zealand
“evening meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I have been here before to have lunch. This time my husband and I went for our 25th wedding anniversary dinner. We went on a Tuesday at 7pm thinking it would be alot less busy. Boy did we get that wrong. We were told it would be a 5 to 10 minute wait, so we went into the bar area and had a drink. It didn't take too long to be taken to the restaurant area. The service was awesome and the food wonderful. I do suggest that you either have a starter or a main meal and not both. We are both fairly big eaters and we both had to take home a doggy bag. The meals are huge and taste wonderful. Though they were busy that night I noticed no one had to wait too long to be seated and I didn't hear any complaints. All the staff were very nice and attentive. Thinking perhaps they should have built a bigger restaurant... if you are after a place for a nice quiet romantic meal, go else where

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Easy to tell its a chain..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We ate at Lone star during our stay in Taupo. We were asked to take a seat at the bar until a table was ready, there appeared to be a few free upstairs but no matter, we didn't have to wait very long. Service was friendly but a little robotic at times. Food was pretty average, the kind you eat just to fill up. Overall, not a memorable dining experience so perhaps not suitable for an occasion, but more a casual stop-in.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Taupo, New Zealand
“Great service and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We dined at lonestar lastnite unplaned our waitres was very good at her job attentive and professional on a buisy nite the food was above average but the service was the star of the show.we are from new plymouth and was far better than our lonestar

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere