“speachless.....” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“speachless.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

what a lovely place in a lovely location with beautiful views, pools were so nice and relaxing would love to return if i could do the flight again the food was delicious the staff so freindly and helpful me an my wife had a fantastic time we stayed at a couple of hotels in new zealand but this has got to be the nicest. The rooms are very nice and clean bed was nice and cosey with such beatiful veiws to wake up to would reccomend this hotel to everybody.

Room Tip: facing the lake
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
OzzieTaupo, General Manager at Millennium Hotel and Resort Manuels Taupo, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Dear Peter C - thank you so much for your lovely feedback. yes we are very fortunate to work in such a fabulous hotel. Our location and views make it easy to be happy to be at work really.
I will pass on your comments to staff and Chef and sincerely hope you may return one day.
Kind regards Diane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

We stayed 2 nights here as part of a golf tour.The rooms were large, clean and comfortable with 2 queen size beds.We looked out onto Lake Taupo which was delightful.
The restaurant seved a varied and generous breakfast and our evening meal in the bistro was very enjoyable.
The hotel is not too far from the town along the foreshore.Older people and those with disabilities might find they need transport.

Room Tip: Some rooms have better views than others so request a room overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Samzoe - we are so pleased you found us and Taupo during your golf tour - we are absolutely spoilt for choice with our 4 golf courses here - hope you managed to have great golf days. Thank you for your comments about restaurants - we are very proud of these. Regards
Diane
Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

I chose this hotel as we had been driving past it for 25 years and I wanted to finally try it. We had just had 5 nights away touring on a small spring break and this was our 6th and last night. We would be waking up there on the morning of our 25th wedding anniversary and I told them this when I booked( over the phone after checking websites, and they gave the best price of all over the phone). They certainly put in the effort. Reception was friendly when we checked in and they had upgraded us. We were given a one bedroomed room on first floor, south end away from town, overlooking the lake. It was cold and windy to walk along the outside covered balcony to the room but very good heat pump in room and electric blankets. A pink happy anniversary balloon was in a vase with a small bottle of Lindauer Fraise( strawberry) bubbly, 2 champagne flutes, and chocolates next to it. Lovely white robes in the very nice bathroom with both bath and separate big shower. We found staff very helpful about the pool and the private grotto pool. What a nice heated pool and a gorgeous grotto hot pool/spa with fake rocks and even fake glowworms, best I've seen. We enjoyed our evening meal at the restaurant but the knowledge of the food from the ( admittedly very pleasant) waitress was rather lacking and they ran out of lamb racks. Amazing chandeliers in restaurant. The buffet breakfast was better, we had a table right by the lakeside path and the food was great. All in all by the time we left to drive back to Auckland and our young adult/teenage children we felt our wedding anniversary had been wonderfully celebrated. Thanks Manuels!

Room Tip: We liked being on the first floor, a bit more private as the lakeside path is outside the rooms.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Anonymous Akl - It was so lovely to read your comments and know that we were able to make this occassion so special for you. Thank you for sharing and we hope to see you again for future celebrations or just for 'you' regards Diane
Cape Town, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Fantastic & Helpfull Staff!

Love the heated pool & restaurants are tops!

Nice views.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
OzzieTaupo, General Manager at Millennium Hotel and Resort Manuels Taupo, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
Dear BigBlackB - thank you for your comments - always good to hear the positive. I will pass on your praise to staff as i know they like to hear it.
We do have a very happy team here - must be the wonderful envirinment we work in.
Regards
Diane
auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We had the pleasure of staying at Millenium Manuels yet again, and we would rate it as 'one of the very best' hotels to stay in and the only one to stay in at Taupo. The staff are so welcoming and friendly - and always go out of their way to make our stay very special. The position of this hotel is amazing! Right on the beach ( absolute beach frontage) and the rooms open up right on to the waters edge.

. We have always had a good quiet nights sleep with no noise at all. The rooms are large and very well appointed with a big TV which is great. They are modern and very attractive with splendid views of the water and snowy mountaings. We love the heated pool and grotto spa and we play tennis on their tennis court right on the edge of the lake. The view is to die for!!!

As for the food in the restaurants - excellent. Never been disappointed - in fact we choose to eat there as it is always of a consistently high calibre and superb. I can strongly recommend this beautiful hotel to anyone wanting accommodation in Taupo. Yet again, we cant wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear OscarAuck - we are so pleased that you enjoy your time with us.
We are passionate about our hotel and very fortunate indeed to be able to enjoy these lovely views and our fabulous location everyday. Your praise of our services, facilities and food is appreciated and shall be passed onto our hotel owner - Chef and staff concerned.
regards Diane
Cheltenham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

This could be a long review but will be succinct:
Room clean & functional but NO heating in bathroom, it was freezing!
Should have gone for dinner in town, but way out of, so went to hotel brasserie. Big mistake! I run a restaurant in Uk and if my staff behaved as they did I would be ashamed - so disappointing as until this point food experiences in NZ nothing short of great. Got the feeling of you're just passing thro so it will do. But on fishing trip the next morning run by a new zealander and ex pat both said steer well clear as local custom not valued either.
That's all... Steer clear

• Stayed October 2011
OzzieTaupo, General Manager at Millennium Hotel and Resort Manuels Taupo, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Dear OrinocoCh
Customer feedback is something we do appreciate and use to check our quality of facilities and services. We pride ourselves on consistently excellent staff friendliness and services so because your comments are so different to the normal praise, I am extremely upset that firstly, we disappointed you and secondly marred our hotel reputation. I took advantage of the ‘ask you about our hotel’ link to try to find out which staff member and what happened to cause such a severe report against us but to date have not heard back. Trip Advisor responses are confidential and anonymous, and as I had not been given the opportunity at hotel level to deal with this complaint it is hard for me to know the appropriate action needed for the incident or staff responsible. As for local support, I find your comments unjustified, as without a doubt, we do have excellent business relations with most motels and tourist operators in Taupo. Personally, I can assure you that it is not our policy to bad mouth local operators, if we did have a complaint we would approach the matter with them to resolve the problem and I have not heard from any fishing charters re any issues. Please know that we do care and I apologize for the incidence that offended you so much.
Sincerely
Diane Kerins – General Manager
Cheltenham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I was a fan of the Millenium brand and stay in their London hotel regularly . I am in NZ and have been here for a month travelling around and this by far is the worse place I have stayed . I was served a lump of fat labelled as as a fillet steak. I sent it back and then waited 30 minutes for a new one which was well done rather than medium rare that I ordered . The manager gave no apology and the attitude is clearly one of you are passing through so why bother . If you are travelling avoid this place . They let New Zealand down and there are lots of better places to stay . Mistakes happen but arrogance is cultural.

• Stayed October 2011
OzzieTaupo, General Manager at Millennium Hotel and Resort Manuels Taupo, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Dear Jonesys – to say this is soul destroying is an understatement – we have so much pride over complete opposite comments to yours.. You have a sincere apology from me now, and had this been bought to my attention during your stay, I most definitely would have met with you before your departure to find out more details. Tripadvisor postings are anonymous and confidential, however in this case I believe I have pinpointed the incident due to this being the only steak complaint and meal credit made since this new menu started in September. The steak from the grill bar is Hereford beef scotch fillet which does have a fat content as opposed to eye fillet steak having zero. I am sorry that the replacement sirloin steak was then not cooked to your liking. I guess one bad thing leads to another and then unfortunately the 20 minute time delay was unpreventable due to Chef completing a large group’s main courses in the hotel’s adjoining restaurant. I completely understand that this can be uncomfortable when dining with company and being forced to eat your meal alone; I would not enjoy this myself.
I judge management duties and staff service training needs on guest comments and assure you that the Manager on duty that evening has met many challenges over the years and collected great references to his credit – he is a hard working and loyal employee and I am finding it hard to understand what happened to cause your experience.
It is one thing to be displeased with our hotel in Taupo but please do not allow this to reflect on any other Millennium Hotel in NZ or Worldwide – we are a franchise hotel and I take complete responsibility for our actions and your experience.
Sincerely
Diane Kerins - General Manager

Been to Millennium Hotel and Resort Manuels Taupo? Share your experiences!