“Terrible” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Auckland, New Zealand
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Recently during our trip to Taupo, went to buy some dinner. The guy taking the order was an Indian and we specifically them him that we want the food prepared Indian style and Indian hot. Since it was a take away we could not taste the food before we left the restaurant. But after we reached our Hotel, we could just not eat that food. Every thing was made so sweet (keeping in view normal Kiwi customer), but for an Indian, you cannot eat any curry that is sweet. Horrible Food Horrible service.

Visited September 2012

Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
“An affair not to be missed!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I was lucky enough to be taken to an Indian Affair in Taupo. What a wonderful experience it turned out to be.
The service was friendly and efficient and the food delicious. Their pashwari nan was more like a Christmas pudding it had so much dried fruit in it but other than that I couldn't find anything to fault with this wonderful restaurant .
Hardina or Harry as he is known to the locals is one of the owners of this wonderful restaurant. He was charming and very helpful when assisting me in making up my mind about what to order. The menu was so comprehensive, I was spoiled for choice.
Their wine list is excellent and better still you can bring your own if you prefer to.
Booking a table in peak months I would I imagine would be a must.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Busy little Resturant which proves its definitely worth a visit. Great selection on the menu. Very efficient staff too. Above all else it was an affordable eat out for the two of us.

Taupo, New Zealand
“Always Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Dined here many times and also home delivery. Always superb, great value and well looked after every time. Remember to book as they are always busy

Visited August 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
“Best Indian Food I've Had in NZ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Friends recommended this restaurant in Taupo, and I'm glad they did. It was the best Indian food I've had since leaving London, and I strongly recommend it to people who enjoy high end Indian cuisine. The restaurant is in a good location in the center of town. The decor is tasteful and warm, the service was very good, and they had a nice wine list, which you don't always get in Indian restaurants here. I'd definitely go back.

• Visited June 2012