“Freaking Awesome Biking and Kayaking trip” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 49 things to do in Taupo
More attraction details
Owner description: Rapid Sensations Ltd is Taupo’s premier outdoor adventure company that has been operating throughout the Lake Taupo – Tongariro National Park region for over 22 years.Held in high regard for professional, safe delivery of quality experiences and outcomes, Rapid Sensations offers a comprehensive range of adventure activities and programs to the tourism, corporate, military and education sectors.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Freaking Awesome Biking and Kayaking trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

Very good equipment. Very friendly staff. Guide was knowledgeable and exceeded expectations. Outstanding scenery. Would definitely do it again.

Visited June 2011
IanRuthven, Manager at Rapid Sensations Ltd, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Great to see you enjoyed our mountain bike trails in Taupo

Sydney, Australia
“Crooks. Plain and simple.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

I rented a mountain bike from these guys in April. The chain and crank broke while I was changing gears in wet weather. When I returned the bike and explained what happened they didn't believe me, and told me I would have to pay for damages. I tried visiting and discussing with the owner on the phone, on email and in-person and he didn't respond. He charged my mastercard without approval for the damages. Rent your bike elsewhere! There's a place in-town with better bikes and much better people running it.

Visited April 2011
IanRuthven, General Manager at Rapid Sensations Ltd, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
When hiring a bike clients are asked to read and understand the following:

RAPID SENSATIONS Ltd accepts that general wear occurs on our bikes through use. This includes: minor cosmetic scratches, brake and gear tuning, chains, punctures, plus general wear on grips, pedals/crank and tyres.

However breakages or loss will be charged to the hirer. the client thus signs a form to say they understand and a credit card swipe is taken as a bond and will only be charged if the bike is returned damaged or not returned at all.

We understand a client never intentionally damages the bike but when the repair cost far exceeds the cost of hiring the bike the client has to cover this cost of repair. In this case the cost was for a broken derailier , hanger, plus labour.
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Rude to first timers so if inexperienced, try somewhere else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

I took the kayak option down the river to the hot springs with my girlfriend. While I found the experience enjoyable and scenery beautiful our guide was less than helpful to my "first time kayaking" girlfriend. From unconstructive criticism to frank rudeness, I honestly wanted to walk off at times. The tour felt rushed with the guide moving upstream and tapping on his kayak while he waited inpatiently for us. Definiately more interested in finishing the trip quickly rather than guiding us or explaining the significance of the surroundings. I would strongly recommend bringing your hard earned money else!

Visited April 2011
IanRuthven, Manager at Rapid Sensations Ltd, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
On behalf of Rapid Sensations we would have appreciated hearing from you on the prior to this so we could have discussed your issues on this particular day and it is always a great concern to us if a guide is not looking after our clients to the standard we like to maintain. I have tried emailing you to discuss this but have had no reply. Please feel free to contact us.
Rotorua, New Zealand
“What a great day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

We did the kayak tour to the Maori carvings on Lake Taupo, and what a fantastic day we had. The guide was great and all the equipment made us feel safe and secure the whole time.

We had plenty of time to take some lovely photos and learn about the history of the area.

I can highly recommend this trip!

Visited January 2011