“Good food and nice service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Milan, Italy
“Good food and nice service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I went to Piccolo one day for lunch with friends. The place is very nice and I liked the interior decoration. The food is not so cheap but is very good and well presented. The mochaccino was simply awesome. You also have free wifi in the cafè, which is very useful if you are travelling

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Turangi
“Our local”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is our local stop for coffee and breakfast. Coffee is consistently good and on the go before we walk through the door. Other reviews complain about the price but I have no problems paying a little extra when I know the quality will be the same high standard each time. Friendly and attentive service without being over bearing. The kumara cakes and eggs Benedict is outstanding for breakfast and so far we have no reason to go anywhere else.

Visited August 2013
Wellington
“Great breakfast cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Second time there was just as good as the last visit a month or so ago. The muesli option is great, perfect coffee (flat whites), and the cooked options I saw going to other tables looked very good too. Nice looking food in the cabinet, decor is superb, outside dining option, very good and friendly service too.

Visited July 2013
Whangarei, New Zealand
“Rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

A pleasant lunch started though I found my Arancini frozen in the centre. I sent back the plate and was presented with another. Again pulled out a frozen lump. When this returned to the kitchen an extremely rude ?manager approached our table and demanded who had the problem with the Arancini? He proceeded to tell me that I was wrong and as he and the chef had stuck their fingers in the dish. When I pointed out that I had pulled out a frozen piece and placed it on the side of the plate, I was told again that I was wrong and there was nothing wrong with it.
note: an extremely delightful gentleman at the front counter

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Feilding, New Zealand
“Extremely disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Firstly I have no issue with the food or service, just the over-the-top price that I paid for what was essentially a plain toasted sandwich.

For lunch I chose the "Glamour toasted sandwich" which had a number of fillings listed below it.

Of the six possible fillings, I chose three. I also requested no salad as I dislike waste and did not feel like a salad.

What turned up was a triangulated toasted sandwich which I paid $25 for!

Total cost to make and prepare": $3 on a good day!

The waiter, obviously hearing my remakes to my wife, asked if everything was ok?

He offered to reimburse me the cost of the salad which I turned down due to it being my choice not to have salad.

One very dissatisfied customer.

Visited May 2013