“GREEEEEAT!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Family Motel

Family Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Taupo
Family Motel
You added Family Motel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   50 Tonga Street | PO Box 795, Taupo, New Zealand   |
Ranked #58 of 74 Hotels in Taupo
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“GREEEEEAT!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

In auckland the faulty tower experience costs $75 per person with no bed to sleep on afterwards. just a three course meal. and any activity in taupo alone is over $50 for 2 minutes of fun. If you have a good sense of humour- this is the place to book in to enjoy the brighter side of life! great service- he even allowed us to leave our BMW outside the office while we rented a car to go around lake waikaremoana for a few days, came back and all four wheels were still attached. Great people. these hosts go out of their way to help us, they a family that has to work hard to try and satisfy everybody and judging by the attitude of the rest of you on here who obviously dont know how to enjoy life- must be a very challenging job for the owners but they manage it, and do a great job for the price to accomodate the whole family. Think his name was Okie as i read above- there must be many positive people that just havent written about your great hospitiality- we hope you get many more positive people coming to stay. The way you treated us over the last few years have been a great experience and we'll be back in the new year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed for 3 night with another couple in a 2 bedroom cabin. Cabin was clean and tidy. The Staff are very friendly and helpfull. Quite Close to town. The complex has a good holiday feel about it. Am staying again in November. Excellent value for Taupo.

• Stayed September 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We didn't book in advance just needed a stop over for the night. Staff helpful and courteous, showed us a room to enable us to make decision before proceeding. Nice quiet room down the back, met our needs perfectly. We all got a great nights sleep. Personally I thought was great value for the price paid. Thanks for your hospitality, we would stay here again.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My son & I stayed here for 1 night on the 1st Jan along with another couple & their young son. We checked in together and were provided with adjoining motel rooms. Both motel rooms were spotless clean including the fridge & kitchenette, & bathroom. The beds were very comfortable and bathrooms quite modern. We were provided with a carton of milk on checkin by the friendly proprietor as tea & coffee making is available in the rooms. Although the complex was fully booked the night we stayed, we found it to be a quiet location and the kids enjoyed the playground. It is only a short drive into the centre of Taupo from this property. Would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: motel rooms are clean and comfortable, recommended
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I will never stay at this hotel ever again! I had booked x2 cabin rooms for 4 people. I'm a travel agent so I know all too well what I get myself into when I book cheap accommodation. However this hotel takes cheap to another level! It all started from when I checked in, when I told him my name and what I had booked, he asked me what dates I had booked and what sort of accommodation? Said I would be lucky if I got those rooms. When he showed me the rooms, we had one room which was correct and another room he tired to downgrade us, when I told him that we would be moving to the room next door, which was the correct one. He told me that I could not do that, in which I told him that I had in fact booked x2 cabin rooms for 4 people. He just then gave me the key, he looked like he wanted to shoot me! We sat outside talking later on in the night, we were not loud at all, he came over and told us off! He asked if we could keep it down. Which was fine and understandable, we kept quite,whispering to one another. For the next half hour he stood there watching us, Then at 11.25 the man decides to ring my cell phone to tell me he was tired and wanted to go to bed. I'm sorry but the noise that we made was nothing compares to the party with music that was happening at the other cabins!!! Who in their right minds ring someone who is sitting 5 steps away.

The rooms are really quite sick, marks all over the walls, sheets need a clean, New duvets for the beds. All I saw on the beds was hair and stains. The shower and toliets looked like you will come out of there dirtier than when you went in!

Anyone that has booked to stay there, you need to cancel and find another accommodation. I will never ever stay at this dump again!

• Stayed December 2012
Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Had to travel through Taupo to Wellington. Didn't need a fancy place, Just clean and quiet. We found the waterfront motels all upmarket, and expensive, and a fair bit of traffic noise can be heard at times. Our family had a good rest, before hitting the road South. The motel is not the best in town, but who cares if it is cheap and quiet? We had to leave early in the morning, and never had the chance to say good bye to the manager. This to the nice man in the office: Thanks and good luck! See you again some time!

Room Tip: Pick the back ones, away from the street!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Gisborne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My family and i stayed at Camellia Court Motel in Taupo over the school holidays. We didnt want to spend all our holiday money on accomodation so we decided to go with a budget motel. The staff were very friendy and the motel room nice. It was a little old but we knew that from the beginning. There was a great play area for my children to play at, we hardy saw them. Motel reccomended for bigger families with children and we would return there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Family Motel? Share your experiences!