“Average.” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Average.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Went here for brunch with friends, very pricey for the amount of food you get. I wouldn't call it value for money at all. Lovely view and service though.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Not what we expected.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great location and interesting decor. We had high hopes that the food and coffee would match. But we were sadly mistaken, coffee is very average and the food pretty over priced for what we got. We also found the owner rude and abrupt,although staff were friendly and helpful.Lucky there are some other seaside options in the gorgeous New Plymouth. But we wont be back to the bach.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Lovely meal and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

I was visiting N.P. with a friend last week and we had a very enjoyable meal. The food was very good - particularly the lamb rump which I had. We also thought the service was very good and would definitely go back. I have coeliac disease and there were a number of options marked on the menu and staff were happy to check things out for me.

Visited June 2013
“Never again :(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I've been to the Bach several times and always been generally underwhelmed with the food and the truly sub standard coffee. It seems everything is well over priced and of a pretty average quality. Obviously the drawcard is the setting which is very nice. I generally cant fault the service as the staff have always been polite and attentive. However on our last visit I had the "pleasure" of meeting the owner as she was making the coffees that day. My daughter has coeliac disease so I asked a couple of simple questions about the "gluten free" options on the menu. I was told very abruptly that (and I quote) "if you're that sensitive then just eat at home". Every time we go out we ask the same questions regarding the gluten free options and they are always answered politely. We will not be back to the Bach and I would strongly recommend that anybody who likes good food and a friendly host gives it a wide berth too.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Seaspray”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Excellent cafe - style food with attentive service.We have been diding there since it opened and it seems that the food gets better with every passing year.

Visited May 2013